cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal to be ignored on Whatsapp. I only want my upgrade as you promised

db250
Tuning in

I have spend a total of 4 hours on whats app today after trying to find out why you Virgin have not activated our upgrade.

1.Told at the weekend when we ordered it that we needed to activate our wifi pod when delivered and it would auto update.  

No activation instructions at all, nothing to activate, surely they meant a new hub needed activating.

2 Went on Whats-app as working and not possible to take a call, took an hour to be told it would be done in 2 to 3 hours

Guess what........... thats right nothing

3. went back on Whats-app from 7pm, and no human contact whats so ever and still not at 10:00PM

How hard is it to activate an account on the agreed day and give us what we are paying for? We have two unimpressed kids as they were expecting kids channels after school and we expected the broadband speed upgrade to be active when we agree for it to be.

4.Call you land line number at 9pm as it states on your website open till 10:00  

Bet you can guess the result..........we are closed, try again tomorrow

5. Submit a complain

It may take 48 hours but may be up to 28 days 

How does that help anyone? it does not you promised twice we would have our upgrades and you did not do anything.

6. We were expecting a new hub 4 or 5 as it was the only thing we could work out would need activating

Guess what ...........Yes nothing

There seems to be an ongoing theme here, You ignore customers, you dont keep promises  and you dont tell the truth.

Can anyone tell us the truth and get our upgrades completed tomorrow and sort out the expected HUB, that "would require activation" or are we expecting the same level of ignoring..... I hope not

One final question as we are paying for this service and you have not delivered it i presume we are entitled to compensation for it

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @db250 

What current package and equipment do you have?

Which package are you upgrading to?

The answers to those questions may help us to answer which equipment (if any) will be sent out.

If you are upgrading a TV package then normally the TV changes don't take place until any new equipment that has been ordered for your account is actually delivered and activated.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi There, we had maxit tv and m350 moved to Volt for same tv plus kids and moved to 650 broadband. I agree with the equipment bit as we did not get any to activate delivered. We though maybe the router was that bit but it seems one was not ordered. We has a "wonderful" hub3 that could be a lot better.

I will try again this morning but not holding my breath and nothing upgraded over night

Hi db250 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear of any delays in your upgrade.  I can help you raise a complaint if one is not already on our system.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R