cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Virgin a scam?

emthom12
Just joined

I've never had a more difficult time getting in touch with someone to cancel my account than I have with this service. I have called for the past 6 weeks attempting to cancel my account, and have either been put on hold, transferred, or disconnected until I realize I've been on the phone for over an hour. Every. Single. Time. 

I mailed a letter, per Virgin's instructions, to cancel my account, which also proved to be useless. I never received any information, never got a return box to ship my equipment back, and I can't get an answer from anyone on the phone about how to cancel this service. 

If you are considering Virgin, don't, unless you plan to use this service for the rest of your life. 

2 REPLIES 2

g0akc
Problem sorter

They don't make it easy.

My advice is to keep a record of everything, and to raise a formal complaint, if you can find how to do so.

If you don't get an adequate response raise it with CISAS.  Request that all payments etc. be dated back to when you first wanted/tried to cancel.

Did you used a recorded/tracked mail service for that letter?  If so, keep those details and provide them in any upcoming case too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @emthom12,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I'm very sorry that you have had to wait to speak to us. We are very busy at the moment, especially at peak times of the day.
You can manage your account online (virg.in/myVM), and use other services to contact us if it's easier for you next time. You can find other ways to contact us here: virg.in/contactvm.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide