cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Sky Cinema UHD included in Ultimate Oomph ????

roy247
Community elder

Had an email this morning saying my contract had expired, so phoned retentions to discuss a new deal including Sky Cinema UHD, and you guessed it I got told that Sky Cinema UHD wasn't included as part of the ultimate oomph bundle not just for people renewing a contract but even new customers as it didn't appear on his screen for UO bundle.

He did put me hold twice while he checked and even offered me his staff discount of £3 a month but I decided not to take up his offer.

Can one of the Forum Team confirm what is the current situation with Sky Cinema UHD.

Thank you.

32 REPLIES 32

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I renewed my UO contract on 17th May and the extra cost of the UHD add on was included in my new contract price.

Previously I had been paying an extra £6 per month for the UHD, and the contract was showing the out of contract price would be £145.

My new contract shows the out of contract price will be £139.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for getting back to me @roy247.

I can understand the confusion caused by this.

During renewal, depending on the new deal deal offered and any potential discount applied, the Sky Entertainment UHD would be added at an additional price of £6 to give the new overall contract price. 

Please let me know if you need any further help in regards to this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

roy247
Community elder

@Akua_A wrote:

Thank you for getting back to me @roy247.

I can understand the confusion caused by this.

During renewal, depending on the new deal deal offered and any potential discount applied, the Sky Entertainment UHD would be added at an additional price of £6 to give the new overall contract price. 

Please let me know if you need any further help in regards to this.

Thanks,

TV Maxit TV + Sky Sports HD + Sky Entertainment & Cinema Ultra HD NEW  + Kids Pick

New Ultimate Oomph customers: Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD included with bundle. Subject to 18 month minimum term. Existing customers renewing Ultimate Oomph bundle: Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD included. Subject to 18 month minimum term.

So basically you are saying the above is misselling by Virgin as Ultimate Oomph doesn't include UHD unless you pay extra ?

This page clearly shows the the UHD option is inclusive for those taking out 'Ultimate Oomph' as new.  This became effective on 5th May 2021.

"Get all your favourites with up to 4x the clarity of standard HD content, for just £6 a month or get it included when you renew or start a new Ultimate Oomph contract."

I took up the offer on 6th May 2021 but the operator had to enter a promo code into my account to active the 'freebie' as it did not appear automatically.
==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

roy247
Community elder

@ozsat wrote:

This page clearly shows the the UHD option is inclusive for those taking out 'Ultimate Oomph' as new.  This became effective on 5th May 2021.

"Get all your favourites with up to 4x the clarity of standard HD content, for just £6 a month or get it included when you renew or start a new Ultimate Oomph contract."

I took up the offer on 6th May 2021 but the operator had to enter a promo code into my account to active the 'freebie' as it did not appear automatically.

It actually say's it 3 times on the same page if you include the TV legal stuff at the bottom of the page.

So it looks like it should be free then 🙂

@roy247 wrote:

@ozsat wrote:

It actually say's it 3 times on the same page if you include the TV legal stuff at the bottom of the page.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

roy247
Community elder

I would have thought it would be free but alas maybe I am just confused. 😕

Hi roy247,

I'm sorry for any confusion over this.

If you're a new customer it would be free, then existing customers that upgrade to ultimate oomph would also get UHD free.

Otherwise its £6.00 a month. We would advise when upgrading / renewing your contract that you do enquire it with the agents as it will need adding on to the package.

We wouldn't usually deal with package changes via the forum, however I appreciate there has been a lot of confusion regarding this.

I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

If there is this much confusion maybe the Advertising Standards Authority should be informed as virgin need to make sure all their adverts are clear and easy to understand

roy247
Community elder

@crany wrote:
If there is this much confusion maybe the Advertising Standards Authority should be informed as virgin need to make sure all their adverts are clear and easy to understand

As in Plain English not something we can twist around so it's to our (virgin's) benefit.