cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice has old email address

slinkydonkey
On our wavelength

So my email address is showing correctly under details, yet I am still getting emails going to my old email address from Virgin Media? if I updated my email under the online portal why doesn't it update everywhere? 

I just re-newed my contact with terminations and they sent an update to my old email address! I had better not mention GDPR! 

Can someone from VM message my to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi slinkydonkey, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with this. 

The online portal doesn't update the contact email address we hold for you. To do that, it needs to be updated at our end too. As well as that, any chance can take up to 28 days as some correspondence is pre-populated. 

We're happy to do this for you however I will need to confirm some information with you as well as pass data protection. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Photolunatic
On our wavelength

I have the same issue and battled it on so many occasions for years (since 2018).

On the phone and by email official requests. Nothing helped, they still do this.

Virgin has to be the only company that has no 'unsubscribe' link in their emails!

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi slinkydonkey, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to me via private message with your information. 

I have updated the address for you on your account end now. Any future communications should come through to your new email address although there is the potential for things to crossover while the change takes effect.

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath,

I can't believe it can be easily done. I tried on so many occasions for years. Finally gave up when the man on the phone tried to do it live with me for an hour and couldn't.

Also, would you read my longish post, please? I need to deal with this as soon as possible as I will be disconnected on 12 April.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Retention-Team-Cancelling-Disconnec...

I appreciate your help.

Thanks 

Hi Photolunatic, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about your situation. I have replied to your other post a few minutes ago. 

In terms of updating the email address, this is pretty easy. You just need to update it through My VM your end and we update the account address our end. If you need your email address updating, just mention that in your reply on your own thread so we can keep all the information in one place 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team