Menu
indigostar108
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation engineer made huge mess of trunking at my door

Engineer supposed to be here at 8am today, no show.

You have no idea how angry I am over this whole thing as I have wasted yet another day (4th time) with this being another no show of an engineer (happened before).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello indigostar108,

I am very sorry to hear your tech visit did not go ahead, have you been advised as to why this happened? 

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
indigostar108
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I just need the field manager Chris Martin to ring me, he has been left messages and emails apparently but he is not willing to get back to me to resolve.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi indigostar108, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they will be able to get this sorted for you 🙂 

We're unable to give out information for the Area Managers, even if you already have the details. 

There are a lot of people off on Annual Leave now so it may just be that he isn't working. Chris will get back to you as and when he can. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
indigostar108
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

After over 8 weeks of continuous chasing up on the phone, I have been advised officially from my complain that Virgin will not address the issue.

This is not acceptable. It is Virgin who installed all the trunking in the appartment block where each flat has neat/tidy trunking into their doorway. The installation engineer made a real mess of the trunking, opened it with  gaping hole and I have a naked wire just hanging above the door frame in an unsightly manner compared to all other appartments.

Can someone please help escalate this for me,this is a simple job to fix for an engineer given the right trunking material and I have been banging my head on the wall to get someone to resolve this. 

I don't want to go to an ombudsman or leave virgin, all I need is someone to acknowledge the damage was caused by the engineer with an agreement to fix it.

Can someone please HELP.

thanks

Binny

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Binny, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

If we've decided against this then it's possible this would of gone to Deadlock.

As it's been so long though I will double check this and we can look into things 🙂 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
indigostar108
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Thanks for responding, much appreciated. I have replied on a private message to you.

This was reported as soon as it happened, not only did the installation engineers drill 3 other holes that had to be covered up (in my new flat), they messed up the trunking outside by creating a hole in the trunking and moving the cable across the doorway (not even clipped in, just loose) and into flat. This looks unsightly compared to all other flats in the corridor. 

I am appalled that nobody will come to fix this as its a simple fix but requires the right trunking material to cover it up.

I have been ringing this in literally a couple of times a week since Oct, where officially i wrote a complaint in Dec. Anything you can do to help escalate & fix this will be really good as I cannot believe that this issue has been brought to deadlock. I have also had to take 4 days off for each engineer to visit , all miscommunication each time for the reason why they were called out, which has cost me money as self employed & had to not work for these days.

Anything you can do to help progress this will be appreciated.

thanks,

Indigostar

0 Kudos