cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation External Work - New Customer

adam-e-j-clarke
Joining in

Hello,

I've ordered an installation to be done on the 16th of February. I received a text message saying external work needed to be done before the install. I understand what the required work is now as I called up to ask that I be present if any work was done on the property. As the text message just gave a CONFIRM or HELP, which did not clarify exactly the details of the work.

The first person on the phone transferred me to someone who was to give me more information on this. After some time trying to explain I was not happy for any work to be done on the house when I was present, to which the man on the phone laughed about as well.. I finally got him to tell me that no work would be done without me present and they would knock on my door. I explained that as we have not fully moved in yet I may not be in the house at the time so that would not work. He said he would put a note on my account to say the engineer would call me when in the area as I can drive down to the house to meet them from my currently rented flat.

I have had one more of the text same text messages, but no other contact from any engineers or people at Virgin. Is someone able to contact me beforehand? I'm getting quite concerned as the date is creeping up and I'll be without internet in the new house when my lease runs out in the flat.

3 REPLIES 3

Aaron2
Well-informed

For things like these it's practice for the engineer to call you when they're closer before they head to your order. So once they finish where they're at, they'll call to say they're X time out or on their way. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.

I recall this in the past for an installation that had a due date doing this. But the external work does not seem to have one. I'm getting increasingly concerned it will not be done before the internal installation date hits.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is there a drop line from the cabinet & an omni-box (brown or grey) on your front wall for the Virgin service?

If not, then the work will be the two-man cable pull through the ducting. They normally just leave the cable coiled on your boundary for the internal installers to do the rest. This can happen anything from 1 or 2 days to hours before the internal install.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks