cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information from Old account and Weird Behaviour

alexstillx
Tuning in

Hello,

I'm currently with Virgin with a new email/account and going through some issues. We have never received any confirmation emails for appointments, only on texts, and are now suffering through a complaint process and being told we will receive no compensation for an extremely long wait for broadband (If it helps, please see my other thread for more details.)

I would like to speak to someone in my inbox from Virgin that can access both my old and new accounts and inform me as to why we never received email confirmation of appointments, as we are being told the texts are "provisional appointments only." I would also like to submit a DSAR to obtain all the VM information on my old account, which I cannot log in to any longer

As a result of poor communication from Virgin we are struggling to find proof for our case, as Virgin have only ever seemed to communicate with us via telephone call. Virgin are claiming that due to one missed call we are not entitled to any compensation. This seems ridiculous to me, as I called the helpline when we arrived at our new home only to be told that it wasn't clear why the technician hadn't shown up. It's interesting when there is potential money owed that Virgin quickly change their stance and push the blame onto the customer. 

In addition, when we left the previous flat our account was closed a day early before our move without us requesting this, or being informed that this was going to happen. As well, we have a password for our new account at our new address that we did not make. It is not an automatically generated password either nobody could explain this on the phone. I would like to know how this could have happened? It seems there is something very strange going on with our accounts. I am not even clear why we have been given a new account at our new address and the old account was not carried over. As a result of this, for the 5 months that we were waiting to be connected, we had no access to Virgin online account services, as our old account had been closed, and the new one had not yet been opened. 

1 REPLY 1

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @alexstillx

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding your delayed installation and questions about your old and new account. Firstly, I would like to apologise for the delay in getting your services installed. I understand how frustrating this must be and I apologise for any stress this has caused.

I would like to take a look further into what happened with the technician and why the appointment did not go ahead as planned. I will send you a private message to clear DPA and look into this further.

Please visit this link to raise a DSAR request for your old account.

Kind regards,

Serena