cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase in subscriptions

hansi
Fibre optic

I understand that VM are increasing their prices in March. I would have thought that I would have had some communication from Virgin but haven't heard anything. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @hansi,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for any confusion with your bill.

Have you checked your online account recently? You should have an up to date bill on there now.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

TresFrustre
Up to speed

Check the latest bill in your My Virgin Media account. See if the service period starts in March. If it does compare to the previous bill to see whether an incease has been applied. If there's an increase and you've not received email notification you could make a complaint. Also, check your trash/junk folder just in case . . . Other than that, you may be one of the few for whom the price rise doesn't apply.

Thought it was a general increase, can't be that lucky can I?

I just checked my contract and the latest date shown is 17 Feb 2021. Can you give me the email address of the person I can address a complaint to, if I don't receive an email and my price goes up next month please?

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi hansi, 

Thanks for your post. 

Anyone affected by the prise rise would have received an email or letter from us starting from January. If you've not received any communication but can see an increase in your bills then it's worth checking your junk or spam folders in case the email was directed there. 

If you've not spoken to the team yet then we're always happy to review your package and cost to help find one that best suits your needs and budget - this doesn't always mean a downgrade! If you want to chat with us, please feel free to call on 150 / 03454541111 or you can text us via WhatsApp on +44730 532 7112. Replies aren't instant and can take a few hours however it does allow you to go about your day whilst waiting for a reply.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I haven't received an email and I would have thought it courteous if someone could contact me to tell me what is going on as when I ring 150 I am hanging on for ages. Can't someone check my account to let me know!

Hi hansi, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

We're not able to arrange call backs via the Community I'm afraid. 

You can check if you are affected by the price rise by logging in to My VM. As you are billed one month in advance, any rise in cost will show there. 

If you are still having an issue with understanding things after checking My VM, pop back here and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks. I know you're doing your best, but the press has been full of information about the proposed increases, and I though that if mine is going up, then I should have had advance warning, and not just let me look at my account and see the increased price. May I add I have been a VM customer since the NTL days, but my loyalty is beginning to waver!

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

… and what’s actually wrong with you checking My Virginmedia and looking at your next bill to establish whether you are not getting an increase and hence don’t need notified or you are getting an increase and have wrongly not been notified?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

FYI I HAVE looked at my bill, and it's not yet available for next month. The point I am trying to make is that I know there is a price increase coming, but I feel I should have been given advance warning of it!