Menu
Shan3
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Incorrect charge for broadband box

I recently received a letter from Virgin Media explaining that my VM Hub 3.0 had not been returned and as a result I am being charged £40 for it.

The problem with this is I have a receipt next to me that shows I have already returned the hub 2 months ago. Originally they wanted me to return the box via post but when I did not receive the appropriate packaging to send the box back, I called virgin media. They said it was alright to bring it to a local virgin shop. Hence the return receipt. 

I have tried multiple times to get in contact with Virgin media via the phone and online chat but both have been unresponsive and I have not been able to talk to anyone about this issue. I am not going to pay the £40 charge as virgin should already have the box and I have proof that they do. 

What should I do next? Many thanks

Edit: I was told to move this question here so I apologies if it seems irrelevant.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incorrect charge for broadband box

Your best bet is to wait for a response from a VM staff member, this can take up to a week. Do not bump your post as it will go to the bottom of the queue. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As per Tudor, wait for the VM team to get to you here, have a picture of the receipt ready for them and it should be an easy fix for you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

horseman
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Shafreya wrote:
As per Tudor, wait for the VM team to get to you here, have a picture of the receipt ready for them and it should be an easy fix for you.

Just a caution to Shaf's worthy advice:  DO NOT POST your. reciept here on public forum if it. contains any personal details/address/account number et al -  wait for ForumTeam to invite you to PM before attaching. any pics/personal. info to a PM......

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shan3 and thank you for your post, apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I'm sorry to hear to here you've been charged for a piece of equipment you have already returned to us.

I'd like to look into this for you so I'll be dropping you a private message for more info soon. Just click the small envelope logo to the top right.

Thanks,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos