cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Contract - issued at higher price than agreed over phone

CMR365
Joining in

Hi

I can see that this has happened to many people.  I agreed a deal over the phone and Virgin has issued the contract at a higher price.  Virgin is refusing to access the call logs and says that they cannot honour the deal as there is no record in the notes of the price that I have stated.  I actually made 2 calls before renewing because I was hoping to reduce the contract spec and therefore the price, and wanted to think about it after the first call, then rang back to confirm that I would like to accept.  In both phone calls the amount confirmed was £68 and then the contract was issued at £74).  I had an unsatisfactory webchat with an agent who was very helpful, but was not able to reset the agreement at the correct price.  I raised a complaint and received a bizarre and completely nonsensical response.  I rang again and was told that I would receive a call from a manager within 2 hours, that was 2 days ago.  I thought I'd post here ...

3 REPLIES 3

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi CMR365, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with the billing for your package, we will do all we can to help. 

With the contract, when was this agreed please? Can you please also expand on what has been advised by the complaints team?

Let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi

The contract was agreed over the phone before the current contract expired at the end of July 22.  Unfortunately I didn't view the contract documents at the time as there was so much going on and I meant to check them, and then forgot until I saw that a higher than agreed direct debit payment had been taken.

When I had the webchat conversation on 23 August, the Virgin representative was unable to help as he could not offer the deal that I had agreed over the phone, and I said that I would make a complaint if that meant that the call logs could be checked and it could be rectified.  During the webchat I was given a complaint reference to use that would apparently link to the  billing/contract issue.  I raised the complaint, and later that day received the following email:

Your complaint was:
Cable Customer Experience > Complaint Handling 

And here’s what we agreed:
Customer Experience > Time to answer call or respond to enquiry - Internal feedback provided

We’ve now closed your complaint. Thanks again for bearing with us.

I have since replied twice to that email referring to the problem with my contract and have had no response. It is clearly not acceptable to unilaterally close a complaint without actually resolving anything.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply. 

I am sorry the complaint was closed without satisfaction, we can look in to this further. 

I would need to take a look at the account and notes to understand what has been advised so I am going to pop you over a private message to confirm a few details. 

This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat