cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Included Netflix Cancelled

robputt
On our wavelength

Hi Everyone,

Our Ultimate Volt Bundle includes Netflix standard with no additional fee. We signed up to Netflix with the same email address as our Virgin Media account and all was working well, however a few days ago it stopped working and I received an email from Netflix saying they are cancelling the subscription as "Unfortunately, Virgin Media has let us know that your account could not be billed through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective from Thursday, 25th August 2022." 

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas how to get the Netflix account reactivated against our Virgin package? The people in Virgin Media's call centre were, as usual, totally useless in getting this sorted and just kept telling me "there is no fault with your Virgin TV service". 😞

Looking forward for any help and advice on how to get this fixed.

Best Regards,Rob

My Broadband Ping - Rob's VM Connection
7 REPLIES 7

JamesB1
On our wavelength

Yes, I had the same problem in April and I am still waiting for it to be fixed. I have been told very many times by various operatives that it will be or has been fixed and I will be sent an activation link. Neither has occurred. In the mean time I am, being reimbursed £10.99 a month which is the cost of standard Netflix.

Good Luck but don't hold your breath!

Jim

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @robputt

Thanks for posting on our community forum and so sorry to hear about the issue regarding Netflix on your package.

When you had informed our customer service team that you would like Netflix re-adding, what exactly was advised? Did the team state they're unable to re-add Netflix to the account for you? Our team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 should be able to do this for you if it has been removed from the account.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Many others have had the same problem , this has been an ongoing issue for the last 5 months-see the many other threads on the subject.

What you are waiting for is the email from VM with a link to activate Netflix.

Some get it in a matter of days , others have to wait for months!

Hi @Tractorboy

This is the crazy thing, it was all up and running for months (since install in June) and no additional charge on my bill, then as of 25th August it was cancelled even though it's included in my package. No other package changes have happened.

Best Regards,

Rob

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry to hear this Robputt, 

Does your contract advise Netflix is included? 

Zoie

robputt
On our wavelength

Hi Zoie,

Just checked the contract, there is no mention on the contract of Netflix however it states that we bought the "Ultimate Volt Bundle", which at the time we took out the contract advertised inclusive Netflix Standard. The package was arranged via your home move team and also a local field sales consultant due to the complexity of the install. We never received the contract until after the service began. I would expect all advertised features at the time of sale to be included unless otherwise notified, which we were not, please can you advise how a suitable amendment can be made?

Best Regards,

Rob

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can take a look into this for you as ultimate Volts should include Netflix, I will pop you over a PM asking for some details and we can go from there.

Keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂 

Zoie