Menu
Highlighted
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

In the 11 month of 12 month contract.

In a few weeks will have completed my year will VM just raise price and first I know being when advised my bill ready for 13th. month?

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: In the 11 month of 12 month contract.

You already know what is going to happen. It’s stated in your contract and every bill.

You are coming to the end of your discount period and will pay the full price until you engage with Virgin Media and agree a new price in return for a new 12 month minimum contract period.

You move to a 30 day rolling contract at the end of your current minimum period, requiring you give 30 days notice to cancel if you can’t agree a new deal.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

You already know what is going to happen. It’s stated in your contract and every bill.

You are coming to the end of your discount period and will pay the full price until you engage with Virgin Media and agree a new price in return for a new 12 month minimum contract period.

You move to a 30 day rolling contract at the end of your current minimum period, requiring you give 30 days notice to cancel if you can’t agree a new deal.

Not stated on every bill, on my starting quote I was given a price after 12 months. 

In My VM I have clicked the link to my contract, it replies they haven't a copy.

My advice of next bill tells me they will take the DD 17 Dec. to cover up to 15 Jan, which is my when 12 month up.

With difficulty I can see what a new customer would pay now and when they are 12 month up, different to me.   I can't see present prices.

In this forum during my 12 months I can see existing customers have had price rises, I have not.

So can you assure me that my monthly price will be that quoted to me a year ago when I signed up?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Given you don’t have access to your contract and you suggest your bill doesn’t give information on when discounts end, you’ll have to phone Virgin Media to get the information you need.

For reference, I’ll screenshot here an excerpt from my bill and from my contract to show you what you would expect to see on your bills and contract.

Note that the bill and contract agree on when the discounts end and the contract details exactly what the price is and the dates it changes.

086E9044-6A17-4C7F-A028-6C58FE457327.jpegFrom billC3C3905E-82EE-4AB8-97FB-B6CB75236733.jpegFrom contract

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Mine rather different.

Your package
Bundle Charges
Free Voicemail Talk More AnytimeVIVID 50
Bundle Charges total
£31.00
Promotional offer(s)
Welcome Offer - 12 Month Saving Ends On 15-JAN-19
Promotional offer(s)
CR £18.00
Phone line rental
Telephone Line Rental

Phone line rental total
£19.00
Your package total
£32.00

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So, it does tell you that your £18 discount ends on 15 January and your price from then will be £18 more per month as I said earlier.

PS You will also get this year’s general price increase added on as well. You should have been advised of this but will have been protected from it until now.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Food for thought then, I guess I could be £50+ then.

Competition is less than I'm paying now for VM now !

Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Welcome Offer - 12 Month Saving Ends On 15-JAN-19
Promotional offer(s)
CR £18.00

right there
your offer ends on 15th Jan 2019 and it will go up by £18

The credit of £18 is your promo discount

Use Kudos to say thanks

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi dnpark38,

Thanks for your post.

Are you still needing help with this? If so, please let me know 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks all for your help have phoned Accounts but of no help so got an alternative Provider prices surprised how much lower in price Broadband/Phone has become from other people offering to new customers than my price with VM for the past 11 months.  VM new customer offer are a lot higher than the competition at present time I found.

So phoned the "I'm thinking of leaving dept"  and had a chat with a UK voice and explained my situation and I concluded with an acceptable new price only a few £ above the past price.

So with VM for another year  🙂

0 Kudos