cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to contact VM to discuss contract termination / changes

wyabcp
On our wavelength

I've spend hours waiting on the phone trying to talk to someone at VM about my contract. However they never answer

The option to change contract with web form doesn't work for me , so i'm not sure how i'm supposed to get this resolved ?

16 REPLIES 16

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You keep phoning if you want to change the contract.  If you want to cancel then there's other options.

wyabcp
On our wavelength

yeah very helpful thanks 😕

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Sadly, that's the way it is.  VM have worked hard to get customer service into its current state, and they don't seem to have any plans to change it for the better.  You can always complain about the customer service, I'm sure they'll listen (or more likely not).

As long as most customers tolerate this level of service, why would they change it?  

Hey @wyabcp,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having at the moment with trying to speak to the team about your contract.

Are you able to try and speak to the team again this morning? If you see this message now, the current call queue is less than 10 minutes at the moment(08:53). You can also message us on WhatsApp using 0730 532 7112. Please be aware that replies aren't instant from this service but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can. 

Regards,

Steven_L

wyabcp
On our wavelength

Thanks, just tried to call but still no answer, will try later, or message on WhatsApp 

Thanks for coming back to us @wyabcp.

When you say no answer, do you mean the call didnt connect or were you on hold?

Regards,

Steven_L

bigbadphil
Tuning in

I have literally just got off the phone to the retentions team.

I too wanted to cancel. My current bill was £95 and I know I could of just went ahead with going to cancel and them ring me to negotiate but Helen from retentions gave me a good deal.

She got my service down to £61 with a loyalty discount and also slashed my £95 coming out at the end of May to £45.

However, this did take a while. 4 phone calls in total. First few I couldn't get through. 3rd I rang the upgrades team and got through straight away and they put me through to retentions. I spoke to a really really unpleasant man (English too) who wouldn't access my account without my password so I hung up and rung back.

I was on hold for 30 minutes and was put through to Helen in retentions who was great.

Keep with it. If you want to leave then that's fine, go ahead but you need to be persistent. Do what I did, if you're ringing on mobile, stick in a headphone and go about your business. They'll pick up sooner than you think.

Good luck

wyabcp
On our wavelength

I was on hold waiting, listening to the music.... 

I hope I never bump into George Ezra