cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to cancel

RogueD
On our wavelength

Hello,

Due to the Covid-19 situation I understand some of your call sites are closed or undermanned, however, 150 instructs us to go to the website but the website instructs us to call 150 for contract cancellations.

You are making it impossible for your users to cancel or give notice of cancellation but you make it easier for them to take on more channels. Therefore I will be forwarding my complaint to the Ombudsman as it is quite clear your motives.

The number of complaints in this forum is an indication of your consistent avoidance to this matter. I have even tried writing to you by email address that does not state 'Please do not reply to this email', i.e. webteam@virginmedia.co.uk, to which I then got a 'Sorry, we do not pick up mails from this mailbox.' email in return.

So I have cancelled my DD and I am sure you will be quick to get in-touch when you do not receive any payments. My 30-day cancellation period you should take from my last bill as that is how long I have been trying to contact you for.

You should also not use the current environment to your advantage, it is morally wrong and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

35 REPLIES 35

RogueD
On our wavelength

Situation so far:

Virgin contacted me last week from number 008001836408, however this number is dead when trying to call. No one else calls me on this number as I use my mobile mostly.

Since posting on this forum I also sent them a postal letter requesting to disconnect due to moving home. When they called they were surprised that I was moving home so I can safely assume they contacted me because of my cancelled DD and not because of this forum, as no official has responded either despite my flagging it.

They agreed to call me on the 27th April to take my last payment but nothing. Instead sent me a demand for two months payment despite only being at the start of the 2nd month. I called and made a payment for my previous bill only.

So I am left in limbo, sending them a letter as per T&C will not guarantee your service being disconnected. Calling them via 150 refers you to their website, their website tells you to call. All they seem interested in is keeping you connected to make you pay.

RogueD
On our wavelength

Thought I would retry the Virgin Media store in my area. Automated message saying to go to their website as they are closed, which is understandable due to the current crises.

So endless circle.

RogueD
On our wavelength

I also text them some time back only to get an automated response to go on their website!

RogueD
On our wavelength
Called your sales team for new customers as that's the only number that's manned, they transferred me through to 0345 454 1111 that was answered quickly (surprisingly but welcome).
He arranged my disconnect for the following month cause he said you need 30-days notice and my letter of notice was not noted on my account. Obviously, as I am selling my house I won't be here (if lockdown lifts) so he rearranged it to an earlier date and transferred me to billing to arrange not to charge me another for another month. I am on hold...

RogueD
On our wavelength

After holding for 30+ minutes it was answered but no one spoke then it disconnected.

The sales number I dialled was 0800 so free.

RogueD
On our wavelength

Finally, got through to Billing and they said that all letters are delayed for up to 6-weeks.

After my line is disconnected I will only be billed for usage up to that date and not a full month.

Called them at 9am and on hold for 10mins via 150.

No help from the official staff on this Forum.

RogueD
On our wavelength

Wow look at that. Virgin sales are quick to call me and offer me all sorts because I am leaving. Reconnection plans and price drops to keep my business. Telling me they have insight that the lockdown will be in-place till June and I can stay connected and be ready for connection when I move into my new home.

They need to provide all their customers with the same level of service from the outset and make it easy to contact them and not just for new business.

Hello RogueD

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Sorry to hear you are stuck in the loop trying to get this sorted

We are able to help with most things on our Forums except cancellations and package changes 

It however looks like you have this in hand now

Gareth_L

RogueD
On our wavelength

Thank you for showing your concern a month after I opened the issue and resolved it myself.

I disagree with your statement, as I pointed out previously one of your Forum team members assisted another member in cancellation. He was stuck outside the country which is probably why you went out of your way to assist him.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/737552

denaan7
Joining in

Absolutely agree. Interesting to note that you encountered this trouble 01-04-20 and here, nearly three months later, nothing has changed. I have ben trying to cancel since 09-06-20 and have spent hours on the phone trying to speak to someone, sat waiting on live chat for 30 minutes plus at a time and sent messages to the email addresses I could find. It is like Virgin Media have completely limited all information to telling you that you 'can' cancel but definitely not 'how'.

I too cancelled my direct debit, which elicited a call within a week - no flies on the them there.

I spoke to a very arrogant arrogant chap telling me, in barely comprehensible broken English, that I would not be able to cancel my service unless I set up my direct debit again. When I said that I had no reason to do that, as I had already given notice, he said that there was nothing he could do and he would leave the account as it was. Saying this repeatedly, as if it was a threat.

I tried to contact Virgin originally to discuss my service as they doubled the price at the outset of May 20. The experience was so infuriating, I decided to cancel - and that is where the real fun and games started.