cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to cancel

RogueD
On our wavelength

Hello,

Due to the Covid-19 situation I understand some of your call sites are closed or undermanned, however, 150 instructs us to go to the website but the website instructs us to call 150 for contract cancellations.

You are making it impossible for your users to cancel or give notice of cancellation but you make it easier for them to take on more channels. Therefore I will be forwarding my complaint to the Ombudsman as it is quite clear your motives.

The number of complaints in this forum is an indication of your consistent avoidance to this matter. I have even tried writing to you by email address that does not state 'Please do not reply to this email', i.e. webteam@virginmedia.co.uk, to which I then got a 'Sorry, we do not pick up mails from this mailbox.' email in return.

So I have cancelled my DD and I am sure you will be quick to get in-touch when you do not receive any payments. My 30-day cancellation period you should take from my last bill as that is how long I have been trying to contact you for.

You should also not use the current environment to your advantage, it is morally wrong and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

35 REPLIES 35

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Cancelling the direct debit isn't a good idea as when a bill is taken and it returns, Virginmedia will make a bad debit on your credit file and hand it over to the debit collectors.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kippies
Alessandro Volta

Heres a suggestion.

Read the TOS.

Then cancel by snail mail as is your right.

Hi Mike,

It shows the attention they place on cancelations when they themselves cannot answer the post.

I have also not seen mention the number you provide on their website related to cancelation but a search did result in some hits for other related subjects.

I will be happy to pay them by credit card when they do call if I were to owe them money, but I will take it to the Ombudsman and I am sure to get it returned plus highlight the issue.

Thanks for the info.

Kippies
Alessandro Volta

You posted 9 hrs ago, the current response time from staff is 2 days+.

Nothing to do with it being about a cancellation and everything to do with that stuff going on outside your window.

Take my advice or wait for staff.

For the record, the Ombudsman does not take individual complaints, you would need to raise a complaint through VM, get to deadlock, then involve CISAS.

RogueD
On our wavelength

Hello,

That is a fine example of difficulty in cancellation. Thank you for pointing that out.

Let me put myself at risk and pop out to the post office. Very insightful. 

Kippies
Alessandro Volta

@RogueD wrote:

Hello,

That is a fine example of difficulty in cancellation. Thank you for pointing that out.

Let me put myself at risk and pop out to the shops. Very insightful. 

No, no  you really aren't getting this. You need to frame a response that references the post you reply to or its meaning. I did not give you an example of difficulty in cancelling, Im the one telling you how to go about it WITHOUT difficulty, remember?

As for popping to the shops....and putting yourself at risk.... what now?

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Let me put myself at risk and pop out to the shops. Very insightful"

So I assume you will cancel VM and have no internet. Surely you wouldn't expect the postman to be out to delivery you hardware or any ISP to come out to install you

RogueD
On our wavelength

That is correct. Do not presume you understand the situation except the fact I want to cancel. 

RogueD
On our wavelength

Still waiting for a member of the Forum team to get in touch, it's been 2 weeks already!

However, they responded to a similar message (by another user) within 3 hours just now.