cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to cancel contract - HUNG UP on every single time

rossonomous
On our wavelength

I'm at the point where I don't know what to do anymore. You are causing me so much undue stress because I cannot cancel my contract.

You are literally making it impossible for me to cancel my contract. I've now rung through to your number on multiple occasions on different days, told i'm being transferred to correct department and then the calls hangs up on after a few more rings. 

I want to leave. I am leaving my house and don't need the services anymore. 

How do I raise a complaint? Don't tell me to call a number, that's a stupid answer. 

I also don't want to hear "we understand your frustration". No you do not. You are not in my position and I am just another number on your tally of customers for which you have no real care or understanding for. 

I just called in again, was told "Don't worry, I will not drop your call. I can see we've already lost you a couple of times". I'll give you one guess as to what happened. Total call time 33 minutes, to add to the multiple hours I've already spent trying to call.

So, how do I cancel and give my 30 days notice without being charged again? How do I get someone to contact me back instead of wasting endless time on hold with no end result?

21 REPLIES 21

Spoke to the SMS team who after an hour of back and forth have stated that the only way to reach cancellation is via a phone call and the only way via phone call is for me to call them. Absolutely no possibility of a callback or further help.

Had a look on your facebook and oh what a surprise, reams of people experiencing the same 'hang up' issues. 

Right now, this looks like Virgin Media are straight up refusing to process cancellations. For me to try and fail to get to someone 4 separate times is simply awful. How is this allowed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rossonomous wrote:

Spoke to the SMS team who after an hour of back and forth have stated that the only way to reach cancellation is via a phone call and the only way via phone call is for me to call them. Absolutely no possibility of a callback or further help.

Had a look on your facebook and oh what a surprise, reams of people experiencing the same 'hang up' issues. 

Right now, this looks like Virgin Media are straight up refusing to process cancellations. For me to try and fail to get to someone 4 separate times is simply awful. How is this allowed?

You don't have to contact VM by phone to cancel:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end 

Latest Update - SMS person has advised that the 'cancellation team is not available due to downtime on the tool". So why are the initial advisors accepting and transferring calls? They are knowingly transferring customers into the abyss where your call won't be answered but you will still wait on hold for plenty of time. 

This doesn't explain about my previous calls on different days that have had the same result. Is there downtime every single time I make a phone call? Maybe me calling you is causing this downtime? Or maybe there is no downtime at all.

I am aware and thanks for the link. However, I've been reading horror stories of people's letters going missing and the cancellation never being actioned, even when the letter has been sent on recorded delivery. I want confirmation from an actual human that my services are being cancelled on a date of my choosing and refuse to just hope that my letter gets to the right people.

Next Update: 

Verified Virgin Media Facebook team have replied to me saying that I can contact the SMS team to process cancellation. 

The SMS team are telling me the only way to process the cancellation is via calling the cancellation team. 

I now have two entirely contradictory answers of which neither is leading me any closer to successfully cancelling. Let's see how much shadier this situation can get before I can successfully make a cancellation request by speaking to an actual person. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rossonomous, 

Thank you for reaching our via the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear about your experience when calling the team to arrange a disconnection. This is not the level of service we expect to deliver. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to arrange cancellations via the Community but you are able to request a disconnection via a letter to Virgin media, Sunderland SR4 9EN. 

Please include your details and information on which services you would like disconnecting and our team will be happy to action this for you. 

Thank you 

Nat

That address is different to the address listed here - https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

I've already sent a letter to the above. Which is correct?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting me know rossonomous. 

The address from the link is correct and your disconnection will be actioned. 

I will check the address I have been provided to check if they are still picking up the requests and update our details.

I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, thank you. 

Nat

How am I meant to know my disconnection will be actioned? 

No email or communication to confirm my letter. 

No phone call. 

Nothing to confirm my final bill. 

Nothing to confirm what to do with my equipment. 

I made a complaint and the resolution was to offer me £10 credit and for the complaint to be closed.

I will never use VM again, it's a complete farce that Virgin expects this to be an acceptable way to deal with a customer.

HI rossonomous, thanks for the message and message and sorry to hear that you want to leave us, you can cancel via phone or by writing into us. If this is done by the post we will create a disconnection order on the account from when the letter was received. Chris