cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to Cancel

ntruby
Dialled in

I've been with NTL then Virgin Media for almost 30 years, but I've finally had enough.   I tried to raise 2 simple queries on Friday night, never got connected, spent the whole of Saturday occasionally connected to an agent but with often 10 and sometimes 20 minutes between agent replies, then waiting again to be connected to "disconnections".   Never was connected.  Finally got connected this (Sunday) morning but they STILL don't seem to have actioned it.

VM seems to have taken a useful technology - WhatsApp - and managed to use it to make their customer service even worse.  Why the basic agents can't simply record notice being given?  All they seem able to do is listen to me saying "I need to cut costs" .... then offer even more expensive options!

Anyway, 39 hours and still it seems my notice hasn't been activated.  Obviously I can can just cancel my DD, or presumably dispute any transaction beyond my end date.   But, does anyone know the postal address please?   The website is down also so I can't even find this.

VM Customer Service has sometimes been pretty bad over my 30 years, but never this bad.

Thanks

V

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ntruby 

It's possible that the agent you spoke to thsi morning did actually apply the 30 days notice.

VM don't generally send out email to confirm the disconnection date.

A member of the Forum Team should pick yhis up for you and be able to confirm if the disconnection is going ahead.

In the meantime the postal address for cancellations is 

Virgin Media Sunderland SR43 4AA

If writing make sure you sign it and send it by registered (signed for) post.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ntruby, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

Firstly, I am very sorry to hear you wish to leave us and for the experience you have had when contacting the team to arrange this. This is not the level of service we expect to deliver. 

I would like to take a closer look at the account to confirm if the request has been processed so I am going to pop you over a private message to grab a few details. 

This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat