cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible Package Change Through Website?

trizzy
Joining in

Hello,

Why is the ability to change your package to downgrade, impossible.

When you go to the main page to change you package, it only gives you options to Upgrade for more money there is no option to lower it.

When you follow the Help page that takes you to the Downgrade option, it only gives information on Cancelling.. Nothing on downgrading. What is the point of it directing you to a location that is irrelevant? 

If you have impairment and are unable to make Phone calls, its unbelievable hard to attempt to reduce your package. Why would you not give an easy option to do this, its making me want to just cancel, rather than downgrade!

If you see the images below, im attempting to follow the HELP page to do the downgrade.

Step 1 - Picked Broadband/TV and Landline

1.PNG

Step 2 - Picked Cancel OR Downgrade (Yes Downgrade is part of this option)

2.PNG

Step 3 - Page consistently fails to loads, tried different devices/browser (Eventually works after 10th attempt)

3.PNG

Step 4 - Only details in this location is about Cancelling - Even though it stated previously the option of Downgrading as well, nothing is mention on this page. 

4.PNG

I have also attempted to use the Virtual Chat assistant, but this has had me on hold waiting for an agent for over 2 hours!

5.png

Can someone assist with the some type of ability to reduce my package, as it seems impossible to do this without calling. This seems unfair on people with hearing impairment.

Edit:

To Add more stress to the pit, the chat ive been waiting in for, for hours, has now said they are closed!!!

trizzy_0-1661894922824.png

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @trizzy 

Neither downgrades or cancellations can be done online, and unfortunately the forum team are unable to process regrades, downgrades or cancellations.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or use WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112.
However, as you are now aware that replies aren't instant from either of these services, as phone calls take priority, but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can. This is generally 4 to 6 hours.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Mr_K
Well-informed

Always been the case. They don't make downgrades easy, not profitable to do so.

Ring and be prepared to wait a long time......