cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to move my modem / tv and box to the other side of the room

cunnig91
Joining in

My modem and TV and box need moved within the same room (and same wall) but I cant get someone to speak to and when I go onto the bot on the chat it assumes I'm wanting to move house!! Help.. I've read on this forum it is £25 to get an engineer to come out and do.. can someone confirm and how do I book please?

12 REPLIES 12

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Thats right - call it in on as a fault free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate.

try following options 1,1,4,4 "thinking of leaving as that usually gets a human being - also calling at 08.00 usually gets you through quicker.

They should arrange it for you

Or a VM person can do it for you one here in a day or two when they get to the thread

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @cunnig91 

I've moved your post to the Cable account forum as staff don't generally look at the Natter forum.

You are correct about the £25 charge (it used to be £99)

You can contact the faults team to arrange this, call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone.

Or you can wait here for Forum Staff to pick upi your post, however this may atke a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cunnig91 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Your fantastic fellow community members have advised correctly.  I would like to help you.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cunnig91

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

Yes thank you so much!!!

I need the same thing, but having trouble getting through to the right people. I just need my main TV moving to a different room, with new cables rneeding running

Hi @widders,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

We can certainly help arranging a technician to come and rearrange your installation and set up. However, there would be a £25 call out fee in order to do this. Are you happy to accept that charge? If so, let us know and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi

I also need to get my wall box moved to a different position on the same wall 

Thanks

Hi @pablo225,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

Would you mind clarifying what you're referring to when you say "wall box"? Is this indoors or outside?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!