Menu
gillhoose
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I want to leave

Can someone from virgin contact me please I changed my package last week. I downgraded to internet only as I was getting charged over £70 a month. I realise I have a 14 day cooling off period which I’m going to take advantage off. I want to leave now. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to leave

No one from VM will contact you direct  through a Forum request. If you wish to leave you will have to phone in (select "thinking of leaving" option). You will be required to give 30 days notice to leave. That is obligatory.  The cooling off period is to deal with package changes and allows you only to go back to your previous package at the previous price.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You'll want to call the support number and choose the leaving option as it can take around a week to receive an official response on the forums and with your 14 day period already counting down it isn't worth the risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi gillhoose

I am sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving us 😞

The two ways to contact our teams if you are looking to do so is to call in via 150 or 0345 454 1111 on option 4 and option 5 where our Retention's department can look at supporting you.

Alternatively you can write into us if you prefer not to call.

I hope you were able to get in touch after the support given to you last week on the forums.

Good luck and I do hope you are able to stay with us!

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos