Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I want to cancel my contract but the web page links take me around in a circle

I have spent over 90 mins trying to cancel online but the various links just keep on taking me round in a circle

I have just entered the 30 day contract end period and my new charges are excessive for what I use

Can anyone please point me to the page which will enable me to cancel easily

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to cancel my contract but the web page links take me around in a circle

Hello

With regards to account/cancellation issues I am afraid they cannot be dealt with in the forum.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you. You can also call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 best times to call are first thing in the morning, use the option "Thinking of leaving", but again wait times my be long.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I want to cancel my contract but the web page links take me around in a circle

I tried all methods to cancel. In the end I typed up a letter stating I wanted to leave and gave them the 30 days notice. Sent it Recorded delivery to ensure they got it. They never confirmed they got it mind. I've cancelled the direct debit now as the 30 days has passed.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Following apparent instructions on the virgin web pages, I spent 5 hours talking to one of your colleagues, clearly stating at the start that I wanted to cancel now that I had entered the final 30 days of the contract period

At no stage during that conversation (till the last few minutes) was I informed that there was a different process for cancellation!

I have now raised a formal complaint as I do not wish to waste  a further 5 hours repeating my very plain message that I want to exercise my rights as allowed within the 30 day arrangement.

Somdee

0 Kudos