cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to cancel all services

Susan8888
Joining in

I want to cancel all of my services and just keep getting the run around, I’m fed up with waiting my time on the phone and stupid Bot crap, can I just cancel my direct debit ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Do not cancel the direct debit - VM won't contact you, won't react, won't notice at any human level, but their automated systems will, and they will mark your credit history with a default (a stained credit history lingers for six years and can affect loans, credit cards, mortgages, energy supply, telecoms, car plans, even employment checks my throw up the default).  And VM will add late payment charges and farm it out to a debt collection outfit who will come knocking.

You can cancel by donkey post (use recorded delivery, address on this page), but also complain to Ofcom, and do it today.  They won't get involved in your complaint, but they monitor VM's performance on complaints and service standards, and by complaining you're helping add to the evidence that will hopefully result in a proper regulatory investigation, since difficulty cancelling is a repeated complaint round here (along with failure to properly process a cancellation request).  I'd suggest you comment in the Ofcom complaint that this fiasco around the supposedly simple business of closing an account is a particularly serious breach of Ofcom General Condition C1.8, which requires that cancelling a contract is quick, simple and easy.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Do not cancel the direct debit - VM won't contact you, won't react, won't notice at any human level, but their automated systems will, and they will mark your credit history with a default (a stained credit history lingers for six years and can affect loans, credit cards, mortgages, energy supply, telecoms, car plans, even employment checks my throw up the default).  And VM will add late payment charges and farm it out to a debt collection outfit who will come knocking.

You can cancel by donkey post (use recorded delivery, address on this page), but also complain to Ofcom, and do it today.  They won't get involved in your complaint, but they monitor VM's performance on complaints and service standards, and by complaining you're helping add to the evidence that will hopefully result in a proper regulatory investigation, since difficulty cancelling is a repeated complaint round here (along with failure to properly process a cancellation request).  I'd suggest you comment in the Ofcom complaint that this fiasco around the supposedly simple business of closing an account is a particularly serious breach of Ofcom General Condition C1.8, which requires that cancelling a contract is quick, simple and easy.

Hi Susan,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving us. We do understand the frustration caused with the long wait times to speak to an agent, however we cannot process your cancellation request through our social media platforms. You will need to speak to our Customer Relations team directly. You can call them on 0345 454 1111 option 1,4 then 4 again, by messaging us on 0753 305 1809, or alternatively writing to us here, under the section contact us by post.

Regards

Paul.

Great i msg that number and straight onto a useless automated service, what a joke VM is 

Hi Susan,

I will be more than happy to help further, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hi, I have been looking around for a cheaper provider as my bill each month is becoming a bit of a struggle, do I need to let you know first?

Regards, Susan

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Susan73,

Welcome to the community.

I'd advise to place the notice period in so you have a date set for a cancellation.

Thanks,

Kain