cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wann make a formal complaint

Lacolmer77
Joining in

I want to make a formal complaint about how disgusting it is I am being treated 

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Lacolmer77 

You can make an online complaint of the following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/complaints/broadband-tv-phone-contact 

There's also the consumer-complaint-resolution-code-practice  which explains the process and timescales.

If you could expand on the issues here then the Forum team may be able to help. It's a lot quicker than the up to 8 weeks complaint process.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey @Lacolmer77,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear that you have had such a bad experience, we can raise a complaint for you here, if could expand on the issues as @newapollo advised.

Thats also okay if your not happy to discuss this in the open forum, the other complaint options maybe better for you to get this logged.

Regards,

Steven_L

I’m leaving virgin because they have rubbish customer service and their staff talks to me like rubbish after being a customer since 2012 think it’s disgusting 

Hi there @Lacolmer77, thank you for your reply.

Just to we can ensure we can fully assist you can you please expand on what exactly has happened when speaking with the team?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules