Menu
ScorpionGeneral
Joining in
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: I've had enough

Mistakes do happen, correct, and that's fine.

Truth be told I was very heated when writing the original message because as stated, I was on the phone for 3 hours and 13 minutes with the intention of giving VM our money. But throw sly digs all you like.

It took me quite a while to grasp the situation as the person just kept on reffering to my mother as the customer, which didn't immediately flag up, and we went around in a loop several times in which I was stating the deal I was offered and she was saying she couldn't do that, this then caused me to repeat myself again that this deal was the one that was offered.

I know the call was cold transferred as I had to wait on hold for an extended period of time, and one of the other people I spoke with later stated she could not warm transfer me because of the wait. Although it is an assumption it is one that's I can be quite confident is correct.

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@wez wrote:

If you've worked in a call center you'd know that even when transferring the call "cold" the system will still show you've previously passed DPA, not to mention the previous advisor probably noted the account.

Sounds like you said you were offered a deal at £37 per month? - that's actually pretty good for a existing customer deal - the cheapest package (player) for new customers is £33.

However a cold transfer is classed as a new call, and DPA should be done again to meet Ofcom regs. Warm transfers are different as the agent will inform the 2nd agent that the customer HAS passed DPA with them and they can carry on, without that acknowledgement if the agent carries on regardless it can be a DPA breach.

Majide!
0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@ScorpionGeneral wrote:

They did not, they thought I was a staff member, I had to tell them I didn't work for Virgin Media around 10 minutes into the conversation.

Tell me which parts don't make sense and I'll elaborate.

For me beginning middle and end please. 

0 Kudos