cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’ve forgotten my memorable word from initial set up

Karenb69
Joining in

Please could I get some help resetting my memorable word which I set up years ago and now can’t remember so I’m unable to get to speak to someone about my TV and broadband package on the phone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Karenb69 

When calling if you don't input any characters from your memorable wors then an agent should pick up the phone and ask yuo other account related questions to validate you as the account holder. Have your bill handy to help answer the questions.  They will also be able to update the memorable word for you providing you pass verfcation, if not they can send a reminder through the post.

To help jog your memory the memorable word is usually something along the lines of mothers maiden name, place of birth, name of first school, favourite song or band, favourite food or name of your first pet.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Karenb69 

When calling if you don't input any characters from your memorable wors then an agent should pick up the phone and ask yuo other account related questions to validate you as the account holder. Have your bill handy to help answer the questions.  They will also be able to update the memorable word for you providing you pass verfcation, if not they can send a reminder through the post.

To help jog your memory the memorable word is usually something along the lines of mothers maiden name, place of birth, name of first school, favourite song or band, favourite food or name of your first pet.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Karenb69,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forums! 

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to get your memorable account word reset. We'll be happy to help with this if you haven't already gotten back in touch with the team.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope 🙂

Beth