Menu
Highlighted
Loren-phelps
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I need to speak to a human at virgin media

Hey is there no number i can use to speak to an actual human and not a robot? The direct debit was cancelled of my bank account a few months back so with them not trying to take the money out of my account i then get an email every month saying its due and not been paid and i always end up having to pay the extra £10 fee for missing it, yet when i call to ask for them to activate the direct debit again i can only get through to robots on all numbers iv tried and they have no options to discuss this matter so im pretty stuck. Can someone help me out please, this is a nightmare (clicked security matters becauss there no option for this topic!)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I need to speak to a human at virgin media

start here - they are human - may not be the right people but they should be able to transfer you if needed

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
Virg1nia
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Agree with above, follow the options for leaving Virgin. That will get you through to a human in the UK straight away in the customer retention department. Say you're planning to leave unless it's sorted out.

BransonisaCLINT
Just joined
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've been trying to connect all day but all I get is problem with connection, there is a network error. (C119).

**bleep** is this? Don't even think of charging me for today
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Dear BransonisaCLINT

Unfortunately your hilarious choice of username is a bit wasted as unlike a vanity number plate, we cant change the spacing between the letters on our screens. Ive used a red sharpie to join up the L and the I but every time I scroll down I have to do it again...frustrating.

Also Sir Richard has not had anything to do with the running of VM since God was a boy. Liberty Global licence the brand the same way your bottle of Coke is not ACTUALLY American. A complex concept I know, but try to keep up....

0 Kudos
Keldor
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Your phrase, "Sir Richard has not had anything to do with the running of VM since God was a boy" implies that Branson never had anything to do with how Virgin Media was run.  How accurate is that, please?

Also, is Branson still making money from the Virgin Media?

0 Kudos
Aimee_Saskia
Up to speed
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Loren-phelps,

When you dial through and have entered either your account number or landline number, you should be met with an option on the IVR system for account related queries i.e packages, billing etc., which are all dealt with by the customer service department. If you find yourself getting through to any other department, don't worry, as most agents are able to deal with this type of request.

In order to re-activate a Direct Debit your account must not be in arrears (balance should sit at £0). You will then be able to confirm your card details with the advisor and change your Direct Debit date if needed.

Hope this helps!

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

I work for Virgin Media but any opinions expressed by myself are my own.
Want to say thank you? Click 'Kudos'.
Did I answer your question? 'Mark as Helpful Answer'.

0 Kudos
whitty1
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tony,i've spent about 6 hours in the last week talking about **bleep**-ups made by the 'humans' you mention,every time they tell me my email address is wrong,my password is wrong,etc,etc,Virgin forced me to change my email address,then don't update it,or my password,either that or the system reverts to default so my details go back to square one,these people argue with me over these matters and don't tell me what I need to know,yesterday I waited twenty minutes to get to the 'are you leaving us' stage,talked to an English person,explaining my problem,after which the ignorant so and so cut me off,now I was well mannered and concise,so it seems he just couldn't be asked...
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi whitty1

This is not the experience we want anyone to have and my apologies about this.

I appreciate you getting in touch on the forums and for letting us know about this.

For us to look into this for you if you still need support can you get back to me on the PM I have sent to yu that you can find on the top right hand side of the forums.

It's in the little purple envelope.

Hope to speak soon.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
KatyB1
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I am incensed - trying to get hold of anyone at VM is a nightmare - also Live Chat not available when it is meant to be!

Have been trying for 2 days now and not got anywhere.

After going through lengthy #press this button, press that button - this character of your password, then this one, to then holding on for an unacceptable amount of time with no one answering is exasperating and dreadful customer service.

2017 monthly bill increased by £3.99 (per month)

2018 monthly bill going to increase by £3.50 (per month)

How do I get hold of someone to look at my other package options please??!!

0 Kudos