cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need my account number changing

logi_26
Joining in

I was a Virgin Media customer for 4 years.

Virgin kept increasing my bill whilst offering new customers the exact same package for more than 1/2 of the price.

As a loyal customer, I contacted Virgin to tell them that I wanted a similar deal. I must have spoken to about 7 different people, none of them were any help and they kept telling lies and even using threats.

To cut a long story short, I left Virgin on 8th February.

I re-joined Virgin on 7th March as a new customer, with a new customer deal that was much better than anything that they offered me when I had threatened to leave.

I have been given a new account number.

But whenever I try to login to Virgin Media it is still showing my old (closed) account details.

I cannot create a new account with a new email because I am living in the same address and have the same name that is on my old contract.

I contacted Virgin support through live chat (which took 2 hours) and they said that they had sorted it for me and I would just need to wait 24hrs for the changes to take affect.

That was 5 days ago.

4 REPLIES 4

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @logi_26 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your online account.

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information to look at having this resolved for you, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

This is the message that I received from Mohammed on 8th March at 11:15am:

"I went some extra miles ahead and transferred the old account details to the new account. However this will take upto next 24 hours to get updated from the backend, post 24 hours try to login with the new account details and I can assure you that you'll be able to see the details about your VM account. Not to worry I've taken care about the issue and has been sorted you need not to worry about it anymore."

It is now the 18th March and this issue is still unresolved.

This is really taking the p**s now.

I want this sorted today.

I am unable to properly use the services that I am paying for.

Virgin is quick enough to send my bill.

Hi logi_26,

I am sorry to hear about the delay in getting this resolved. 

I would like to help with this and so I will now private message you now to proceed with this. 

^Martin