cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a new lead

Wellyoupickit
Joining in

How do I order one. Every time I try and ask to speak to a person, I get put though the help questions, all of which tell me my box is not connected.

I know Its not connected - I need a new lead

How can it be this hard just to order a new lead

10 REPLIES 10

Client62
Hero

Better mention what kind of a lead and for what item of equipment.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What lead is it you're asking for? (Posts crossed with above)

If you're not sure, perhaps post a picture of the lead you're looking to replace.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ok so I thought my message was clear when I said the robot kept telling me I was not connected. The lead I need is the one that joins the the set top box to the incoming cable connection.

I have had the decorators in and they have lost the lead when they moved the equipment - that is the reason I cannot include a photograph of the lead - I do not have it. If I did I would not be asking for a lead.

Someone told me how to get to speak to someone - press the button on the phone that answers the "I want to close my account" question. Human beings always pick that one up I am told

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

… and still you fail to provide sufficient information to identify which ‘lead’ you have lost!

Which set top box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I do think it is fairly obvious that this is referring to the coax cable from the wall port to the box. Now admittedly we don’t know how long a cable he needs, but as far as I know, every single VM TV box uses the same basic cable connection, and even if he has gotten the terminology wrong and by ‘set top box’ he is actually referring to the hub rather than 360, V6 or TiVo, well it still uses the same cable, no?

Not too sure what the confusion is here!

Hey wellyyoupickit, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are needing a new lead.

We can look into this and getting you one ordered I am going to send you a PM.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jem101 

… and, if the set top box is a V6, there’s another possible ‘lead’.

Hey Wellyoupickit, I have sent you a PM you can find this at the purple envelope. 

Any questions let us know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thank you for letting me know this, please do feel free to reach out if you need anything going forward. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?