cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just want to cancel

Angelita1
Joining in

After receiving an email saying my broadband was increasing to £47 I decided to cancel and have signed up with talk talk, my virgin email stated I had 30 days to cancel with no fee so I rang up today and was passed from pillar to post and offered umpteen deals to stay ( all of which were more than my increase price 🤷‍♀️) I was totally worn down by the operator who just wasn’t listening to my requests and stated I couldn’t cancel today without charges ( not what the email states) however she said she would monitor my account and ring me back a week later, why are they doing this , are they stalling the 30 day cancellation ? Why don’t they just do as I ask, why all this nonsense , I would never recommend virgin 🤬🤬🤬

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Angelita1,

Thanks for your post, I am sorry that you've had a bad experience with your cancellation - It's not what we expect from our retentions teams.

If you've received a letter/email stating that you're eligible for free cancellation, then your request should have been listened to and actioned. I am sorry this was not the case though. 

We don't process cancellations here on the forums as it needs to be done by the correct cancellation process, however I will still send you a PM so we can get a complaint raised for your poor experience. 

Speak soon.

Thanks,

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Angelita1,

Thanks for your post, I am sorry that you've had a bad experience with your cancellation - It's not what we expect from our retentions teams.

If you've received a letter/email stating that you're eligible for free cancellation, then your request should have been listened to and actioned. I am sorry this was not the case though. 

We don't process cancellations here on the forums as it needs to be done by the correct cancellation process, however I will still send you a PM so we can get a complaint raised for your poor experience. 

Speak soon.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hello Megan L,

I am having the same problem. I too received the letter about free cancellation and I am no longer in a fixed contract.  After 16 years with Virgin I felt I had no choice to leave, as the costs increase year on year but the service is very poor,  as is the ancient equipment I have, which doesn't even give me access to the latest apps!! It is almost impossible to get through to customer services and even when you can, they are not very helpful.

I have been on the live chat and as soon as I said I wished to cancel I was told someone else would be taking over the conversation. Four hours later I am still on line but my comments are not responded to.  It can be nothing but deliberate.  I  will be stopping my direct debit which has recently been paid and that should fulfill my obligation as I pay in advance each month.  I will not use any additional services in the meantime - my TV is already disconnected and replaced by satellite tv, and SKY will be installing my new broadband shortly.

If you are raising undesirable behaviour of Virgin with the company, then perhaps you would include my experience.  For myself, I am quite prepared to take to see this company to court, having been involved in the legal profession for many years.  It is an unfair trading practice to prevent people who have a legitimate right to leave, from doing so.  Their tactics are worthy of  scrutiny by the Regulators and some media attention.

If you are able to help I would be grateful.