cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get the ‘cannot use that password’ error that everyone seems to get

cannontrodder
Joining in

Simple query but I have a new installation which has happened today and I cannot set up my account as every password I use says I cannot use that password. I’ve checked the other threads on here which are numerous about this issue and followed every different email combination you suggest and I get nowhere. I’ve used combinations of letters, numbers, different lengths, some symbols, and no symbols. This is so horribly broken - how is this still going on after a year?

can someone contact me to resolve this, and/or set up the account for me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @cannontrodder,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message! I'm glad that I've been able to assist with your online account access issue and that you're now able to sign into your account.

If you need any further help or assistance, please let us know. We're here to help. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Cannontrodder 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about your difficulties getting registered! I can appreciate this must be frustrating. There's a few reasons issues with registration usually happen;

1) The password you are trying to use does not meet the password requirements. Please ensure the password you are using meets the all of the following requirements:
•  Must start with a letter.

•  Be between 8-10 characters.
•  Contain at least one uppercase and one lowercase letter.

•  Contain at least one number.

•  No special characters.

•  No default words like 'virgin' or 'password'

2) If you are a  new customer awaiting installation - in which case the issue automatically resolves itself once your services have been fully installed and activated. (Please be aware it can take 24 hours for our systems to catch up.) Based on the information provided in your initial post I believe this option is highly likely. If you can please let us know if the issue persists tomorrow and we can send you a PM to confirm a few details and offer further support. 

3) If you are registering with an email address that has been associated with a former service account. If this is the case, we need to get the email address moved over to the correct current account. We do this by sending a PM to confirm a few account details and updating our records.

4) An unknown or temporary error with our website.

Thank you for your patience whilst we await your response and offer further help if needed! 🌞

Molly

Hi, I am more than 24 hours on from the installation. It still doesn’t work. 

I am not going to use this password in the future at all but to give you an example, this is what I used : ‘bB1jahdbg’ which starts with a letter, has upper and lower, has a number and is between 8 and 10 characters long. Your form says it should be between 8 and 64 characters and considers the one I used as ‘weak’ due to its short length. 

There’s OBVIOUSLY something wrong if so many people cannot set up a password, I’ve never had this problem with another site, why hasn’t this been escalated?

How am I supposed to access my account now?

Hi @cannontrodder,

Thank you for coming back to us about this ongoing issue. I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you so that we can hep rectify this fault.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi @cannontrodder,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message! I'm glad that I've been able to assist with your online account access issue and that you're now able to sign into your account.

If you need any further help or assistance, please let us know. We're here to help. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Thank you for getting to the bottom of it!!