cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot believe how new customers are treated.

seans95
Joining in
I cannot believe how new customers are treated.
I was told over 2 months ago by a sales team manager that when I took my package out, I should have been offered an LG smart TV or an Xbox and someone will call me to get this arranged.
I am still waiting for this, and they are no notes on my account I keep calling up myself to get it sorted and no one is doing anything just telling me to wait for a call that I will receive in 48 hours - IT'S BEEN 2 MONTHS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If that promise was made face to face and there's no evidence, then chances are you've been had.  If by phone there should be call recording evidence and they'll have to honour the offer.

So if this was a phone call, make a Subject Access Request to VM, asking for all data they hold on you.  What you're really interested in is the call recordings, but ask for everything as a matter of principle.

If it was face to face then you can try Citizens Advice, and see what they have to say. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If that promise was made face to face and there's no evidence, then chances are you've been had.  If by phone there should be call recording evidence and they'll have to honour the offer.

So if this was a phone call, make a Subject Access Request to VM, asking for all data they hold on you.  What you're really interested in is the call recordings, but ask for everything as a matter of principle.

If it was face to face then you can try Citizens Advice, and see what they have to say. 

Andrew it was a phone call, how do I request a subject access request?

Thank you, much appreciated

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi seans95,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear there's been some confusion over what was offered, so I can take a closer look at things I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm