Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I can't login because I forgot my password & security question !

Can someone help me asap. I would like to login to my virginmedia account. I need to change my direct debit urgently. Thanks 

I've tried everything - I changed browsers, I used my billing paper to fill out security section - it gives me errors I've typed everything correctly. Please guys help me !!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I can't login because I forgot my password & security question !

Hi Dabldc,

Forum Staff may be able to help you with your login details but may take a day or two.

You are probably better calling up and speaking to Billing at 8am tomorrow morning when they first open.  Call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You may find that you can't change your direct debit immediately.

From the Help article change-direct-debit-details 

If you want to update your details, you need to wait until your current bill has been paid in full (and before we generate your next bill) to make any changes.

It takes a few days for our systems to create and process your direct debit payment which is why you can only change your details during this window.

Once your Direct Debit payment has been collected you’ll be able to make any change you need.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the tips newapollo I appreciate your time ! I've tried calling 0345.. I was on hold for 30min I gave up. Is there any other way they can help me to login to my account asap. I need to update few details because I haven't use my virginmedia for a long time. Thanks again !
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi again,

It's difficult as the UK call centres are open 8 til 8 during the week, and 8 til 6 Saturday and Sunday.

Not sure about offshore but it's difficult getting them to deviate from the script and ask other questions for verifiication.

Staff may pop on tonight but not guaranteed if they will with it being a weekend, also not sure if they will pick this up before other posts.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Dabldc 

When does the D/D you need to change, leave your bank account? newapollo is right to point out that your best bet is to call C/S immediately they open at 8am tomorrow morning. Even if forum staff pick this up, whether they can help depends on how soon this scheduled payment is meant to leave your bank account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks fir the tips ! I've called them just now. Waited like 15 min but I hope it was worth it. Lady requested change of my password to HR. I'll receive a letter in 5-6 days with temporary password and I have to give them a ring again once they deliver the letter. Boom I hope that's going to work 😎

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Great stuff, glad you got it sorted. Please update the thread with the outcome if you can 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Super solver
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Dabldc,

I'm pleased you've managed to speak to an agent and will be getting the letter with your temporary password. Hope you managed to get your dd sorted out successfully next week

Dave

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

• Thanks for your help as well - newapollo 
  • I'll update the thread once I'll receive the letter and speak to the team !
0 Kudos