cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't log in

monika2406
Hanging out

Hi, I have an old e-mail address which hasn't existed for quite a few years, I used it to log into VM. So, absolutely no access to that old e-mail. My bills get send to my existing e-mail but I can't log in with this one.  Can anybody help please?

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@monika2406 

Try the forgotten username route here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/email

You will need all you VM account details to hand including account number, area code and date of birth.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham,

thanks for that, but I tried this before and it refers again to my no more existing yahoo e-mail. They send my bill to my gmail account but don't recognize it when I try to login. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@monika2406  Even though you no longer have the yahoo email address it should still work as your username to log into your Virgin Media account.

Do you still know the password that you used with that address and VM?

If not try the forgotten password route on the sign in page.

If you do know the password and can access your My Virgin Media account you should then be able to change your log in address via the Update details ,`> account details page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

I tried to log into  the yahoo account but it says that my account doesn't exist anymore, it was deleted after I haven't been using it for 6 months. It's literally gone. I am waiting now for 2 hours for VM to do a live chat now. I think it's better for me to give them a call tomorrow, All I want to do is downgrade my package via my account. I appreciate your help though, thanks Graham 🙂

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@monika2406  I think that you may have misunderstood me.  I realise that the yahoo address no longer exists with yahoo but it should still work as your username for VM.  Have you tried signing into your account at My Virgin Media with the username and password?

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/home

PS: Even if you do manage to access your online account you will find that you cannot downgrade your account online.

This can only be done by speaking to the customer service teams.  The thinking of leaving option may be the best route to take.

As this thread is not an email issue I will move it to the Manage Accounts forum.

I tried to log in, I know my yahoo e-mail address but not the password, so, VM wants me to reset my VM password via a verification code which they sent to my yahoo. And therein lies the problem Graham. I shall give them a ring tomorrow about the package change and hopefully they will change my e-mail address too.

Hi monika2406,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've been having in accessing your online account. 

I would like to see what I can do to help with this. 

What I will do is private message you now to confirm some details. 

^Martin