cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't cancel my service because I can't find account number.

Travis9167
Joining in

Hi,

I'm trying to cancel my service, but I can't find my account number, and there's no mobile tied to the account. We have paperless billing and I can't get in to the account, and it won't reset. The support line just loops asking for the account number.

We've also been paying for a mobile service (different account) for someone that died nearly 3 years ago because we couldn't get through to anyone.

We've been here since it was NYNEX, but recently signed up for Zen's FTTP 900/900 service.

Is there anyone that could help? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Travis9167,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you are leaving and haven't been able to cancel, due to not knowing the account number, I have tried to locate the account however wasn't able to with the details we have for you.

So I can try to help I will invite you into a private chat, I will send an invitation shortly, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Travis9167 

You can find your account number by looking at your online banking statement if you pay VM by direct debit

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Travis9167
Joining in

Everything finally cancelled.

Not only is there zero refund for the unused service of someone that died 3 years ago and support failed to help with on numerous occasions, I also have to pay next month too.

Vultures.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Travis9167 wrote:

Not only is there zero refund for the unused service of someone that died 3 years ago

If VM are supplying working service to any given address, then whether the resident/owner of that address is using those services or not is of little/no concern to Virgin Media. The onus is on the executor of the estate (or probate holder, presumably) to give cancellation notice on all services no longer required there.

@Travis9167 wrote:

I also have to pay next month too.

You have to give 30days notice, during which full service is still available, yes. That's perfectly standard as well.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Why do you all explicitly ignore the part where I tried multiple times to cancel but support was non-existent. You literally cut the quote right there like it's meaningless.

The bereavement team are great, but the mobile was always in my name, so the only option was virgin's minimum wage international call centers where I couldn't get through to a real person or stay on the line without being randomly disconnected.

I was resigned to not getting a refund but to be asked to pay for another month is a slap in the face when they wouldn't let me cancel. The only reason I got through this time is because the bereavement team connected me AND even they had trouble connecting, they had to keep coming back to tell me they're trying again. I don't even understand how that's possible.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ah, I think I see your issues now, my apologies for misunderstanding before.

I do sometimes wonder if these are circumstances where writing in would ultimately be less hassle, but I can understand why that may not be the preferred option.

I'm glad you've finally got everything sorted, that's the main thing here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks