cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not make a payment online - SCA Required ERROR!

Dream-RJ
On our wavelength

Hi,

So I have had this issue since March 2022. I have in that time had to pay via 150 and paying it over the phone. But I just rang 150 now to pay this months bill and now I get a message saying this service is no longer available....... and they have moved to online payments ONLY!

So please tell me how in the hell do you expect me to pay my bill?

I have no issues paying other bills with the same debit card online, the only site I have this issue on since march is VM website!

DreamRJ_0-1662753011470.png

DreamRJ_1-1662753046557.png

• Payment time:09 September 2022 21:49PM
  • Bank response:SCA Exemptions: Soft decline, SCA required
  • Bank information:SCA REQUIRED

I did not do a full screenshot because it had personal info that I did not want public.... So basically come the end of the month I will NOT be able to pay and then I will incur charges.......

I reported this issue many times since March 2022 over the phone, and they kept saying they will fix it, but they STILL DID NOT fix it......

So if you do not fix this right now, I AM SCREWED. I can not pay my bill.

EDIT: what more is the phone support is rude and useless. I get cut off constantly, I then have to ring up over and over again and repeat the same things to a new agent. I have had enough of this shocking level of customer service. I am totally tearing my hair out on what to do?

Thanks

RJ

8 REPLIES 8

Dream-RJ
On our wavelength

More info......

So now I can not even see a barcode on the PDF bill, so I can not even goto the post office and pay it that way with the barcode either...... I also can not setup a direct debit until I have cleared my current bill balance......

So like what in the hell am I supposed to do?

I use the RBS app too, and I get no notification in my bank app to approve a payment either. So I am at a brick wall right now!?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What’s wrong with using Direct Debit?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Dream-RJ
On our wavelength

Well if you read my second post, I stated " I can not even setup a direct debit until my current balance has been paid first"!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Dream-RJ, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've been unable to make a payment via our online payments, option.  I would like to take a look into the issue on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

@Dream-RJ wrote:

Well if you read my second post, I stated " I can not even setup a direct debit until my current balance has been paid first"!!!!!!!!!!

Normally the only VM processes that operate to any standard or reliability is payments, but it now seems the Virgin Media Plague of Ineptitude has now even reached that.  I would strongly recommend you check with a credit reference agency like Experian to see if VM have reported you as a later payer or defaulter.  If they have, then since it's down to their own crap systems, then you need to get heavy to have them clear that off the slate, otherwise that'll linger on your credit history for the next six years, potentially affecting loans, mortgages, credit cards, car finance, new energy and phone contracts, even showing up in pre-employment checks.

Check Experian, see what the forum staff have to say, maybe it's all good.  But any problems and report back here and we'll explain how to beat Virgin Media into compliance.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dream-RJ 

You don't need to go through customer support to make a payment.

I've just dialled the dedicated automated payment line on 0800 064 3777 and it's working and accepting payments.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ok, well they removed the paying by phone when you dial 150......

So I suspect they will remove this number soon too. But thanks for letting me know. 

In the meantime, I just wanted to say, I went down the route of using my bank and adding a payee, and using my payment reference number to make the payment via my RBS app on my phone and the card reader etc.

So I did pay it now via that, but it has still not updated in my VM account when I go and check. Maybe it takes a while for it to correlate and update when you pay this way. Once it has updated, I will just setup a direct debit instead.

But thanks everyone

Thanks for getting back to me privately Dream-RJ.  I will also respond to you privately

However, I just wanted to check something. As per newapollo, when calling the number on here, it does confirm that we take payments over the phone. Sorry for any confusion and I will feed that back internally.

Regards

Lee_R