cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am finally disconnected.

Anonymous
Not applicable

After the worst service in 16 years (15 years very happy & happily recommending) of service I am finally disconnected today, which took a few goes to get done but I feel sad, angry and relieved it's kinda over.  Just waiting on that final bill and packaging to return equipment.

Conclusions: 

They are going to really struggle now 900mb fibre is on offer elsewhere. 

Their sole strategy is fastest in UK and they won't be in a few years; start working on clear pricing models and customer service!

360 TV is by far the worst tech I have ever had to use.

VM operate the worst call centres, in India mostly, that I have ever dealt with. 

They have the rudest tech/home reps I have ever encountered. 

(bearded fella named Ryan in Belfast is probably the most incompetent/worst employee of any company I have ever dealt with and in the end I refused to have him back in my house after 3 visits)

I never wanted to end my service and remember the excitement of getting our first house and realising we could have super speedy internet of 5 meg, early 2000s...  I am one of those people who use the same bank, shops etc year after year as I don't like changing companies.

How long does receiving the final bill take and when will I receive a box to return this faulty kit?

2 REPLIES 2

PaniPani10
On our wavelength

It's been 6 months for me, no refund for being overcharged in 2020 or refund for the last invoice received yet 🙂 I terminated my service in Feb! 

Good luck !

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I hope this helps both posters.

When you cancel by  giving the 30 days notice period your are billed up until the date of disconnection. In this time if another bill has been produced before your disconnection date it will show that your are going to be charged for the month going forward. 

Once your disconnection goes through any advance charges on your account will be refunded back to you and you will receive a final revised bill with the correct amount owed.

If you are left with any credits on your account after the disconnection of your services you will be sent a cheque refund 40/45 days after disconnection.

If you haven't received the refund by then you should contact VM to chase it up. Also make sure they have the correct address for your good self. 

The returns pouch is usually sent out around 10 days after disconnection completes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali