cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I added volt benefits and received a bill for it

Sazjc123
Tuning in

I added volt benefits which I presumed were free. I have now received a bill which is double what I paid before. Apparently my contract has changed and I have lost my initial 18 month offer.  I did not agree to this so not sure how they can do this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

There's been some confusion about this, and as far as we have been told you can keep all existing VM terms and pricing and add Volt benefits, and without starting a new fixed term on the VM side of things.  I'll flag this for the staff to pick up and advise.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

There's been some confusion about this, and as far as we have been told you can keep all existing VM terms and pricing and add Volt benefits, and without starting a new fixed term on the VM side of things.  I'll flag this for the staff to pick up and advise.

Thank you. It is on a different email account but if you can get them to message me, I can send the account details over. It is very frustrating and I was extremely shocked to see the bill today. Especially as it was very unexpected. 
thanks

Thanks for your post @Sazjc123, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion caused when issuing you with the upgrade.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

This has just happened to me and I don’t know what to do. My bill has increased £20 because Volt was activated and I’ve received no speed increase. 

I have been on to Virgin support for the last 3-hours and have been told that I am now required to sign a new contract because I activated Volt. I have now learnt that activating Volt does not mean you are automatically entitled to the next level up but instead required to sign an all-new contract that costs more money, and I have not yet been able to get my original offer back. 

To anyone searching for Virgin Media and Volt. I heed a massive warning not to link your accounts as Virgin will take this as a license to change your contract, charge you more money, and waste hours and hours of your time.

Avoid it at all cost, or it will cost you a lot more than you expected.

Hi OllyJ, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're having ongoing issues with your package.  I would like to take a look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee_R,

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it as I haven’t been able to resolve it by talking to support. When should the direct message come through? I haven’t had anything yet.

Thanks,  

Sorry @Ollyj,

I will re-send the private message.

Regards

Lee