cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hypothetical question - Moving to a house that already has Virgin Media?

Paul_LFC
On our wavelength

Hi all,

Just a hypothetical question here, as I can't seem to find an answer. If I am in a contract with Virgin Media, and then ended up moving to a property that already had Virgin Media services (also in contract) - what would happen in terms of being able to cancel the service or not?

I don't think that one address can have two Virgin Media accounts, so ideally VM would allow one to cancel their service without penalty. But I would guess in reality, I would have to cancel and pay the termination charges?

I'm basically wondering if "You've moved to a property that already has a Virgin Media package" would result in any termination charges being waived?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You would have to pay early disconnection charges to cancel if you are still in a minimum period. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Paul_LFC

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding moving to a home that already has Virgin Media services. If you are still in a minimum period contract then Early Disconnection Fees will apply. Hope that clears things up!

Best wishes,

Serena

Paul_LFC
On our wavelength

Thank you both for the answers!