cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to request repair/replacement brown external box please ?

Clarington
Tuning in

Hello there, 

I hope this is the right board for this query, apologies if not. Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of how to request a repair to the external brown cable box please ? The cover has snapped off completely and a tangled of loose wires and cable are at the mercy of the weather. I've attempted to fix it and failed. 

Is there a way to request a repair online please ?

Many thanks

85 REPLIES 85

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Clarington wrote:

Hello there, 

I hope this is the right board for this query, apologies if not. Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of how to request a repair to the external brown cable box please ? The cover has snapped off completely and a tangled of loose wires and cable are at the mercy of the weather. I've attempted to fix it and failed. 

Is there a way to request a repair online please ?

Many thanks

you just have - well you will have when VM get to the thread - the other way is to ring

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thank you Tony. I hope VM mods do pick this up.  150 not answering when I call. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Can take a day or two for Mods to get to threads.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

to be pedantic - mods dont get to the thread - well they do but only to look at the content - Forum staff post in the threads - 2 sets of people with different responsibilities 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Clarington, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

We've arranged for somebody to come and fix the box for you, this will take place within the next week. 

Nobody will need to be in the property at the time so don't worry about that. 

Let us know once it's been done. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi Emma, thank you so much for organising this and apologies for delay in my reply.

Hi Emma,

Could you please arrange for somebody to come replace my brown box? I've tried to find a number for weeks now and I've come to forums as kind of a last resort.

The wires are old and in need of replacing, I've had to reconnect them multiple times cause there's a lot of intermittent connection and Virgin says there's no problems with my modem and/or issues in my area.

Hi Boyeokitd, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry this issue has arisen for you. 

Can I ask if the brown box has any damage to it? Is the front open to the weather or anything like that? 

Also, can you tell me more about what issues you're facing with your connection please?

Thanks,

Megan_L

I too need a replacement cover for the external brown box . I did start my own thread and was given a number to text but I haven't heard anything back from anywhere.  Thanks