cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to let us know if the account holder has died

Brudenell
Tuning in

"Scan your documentation" What documentation? There's no information on what documents you want scanning. This makes an account name change and a Bereavement Transfer form useless. Also, why send a Bereavement Transfer form out in DOCX format? Who uses Windows? Who has Word? You say you want to make the bereavement transfer as easy as possible, then utterly fail to do so.

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Brudenell,

Welcome to our Community Forums. Thank you for your first post, and I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. Please accept our condolences on behalf of the Virgin Media team. We are sending best wishes to you and your family in this difficult time. We're here if you need anything.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with this process, and we're be more than happy to help. If you take a look at our Change Account Holder page, and scroll down to "What to do if the Account Holder if critically ill or has died", where there's more information on the process. You have a choice of transferring services to a different name, or disconnect services entirely. 

You can also contact our Bereavement team on 0800 952 2302. The team are taking calls 8am-8pm Monday-Friday.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the reply. I submitted a Virgin Media Change of Details Form but was told that it had failed because they were unable to call my dad's disconnected number. The advice in the email was to cancel the contract and set up a new one, but that seems overly complicated when it means a potential cancellation fee and the risk of losing the two mobile numbers tied to the account.

I'll give the Bereavement Team a call and see what they can do.

Thanks.

Hi @Brudenell

Thanks for coming back to us. There wouldn't be a fee for the cancellation if cancelling due to a bereavement. 

Please do call the team on that number and they'll help further with this. Let me know how you get on

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill