cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Free TV

Clandm
On our wavelength

We signed up for a VM package with a free TV, which started in July.
We have been chasing this up ever since. This has resulted in numerous phone calls, being put through to multiple departments, being cut off at least twice, and literally spending several hours of our time trying to get our free TV. I can't begin to tell you how frustrating and infuriating the whole debacle has been.

We've even spoken to Virgin managers and Exertis!

How can we resolve this?

6 REPLIES 6

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Clandm, and a very warm welcome to you!

Terribly sorry to hear of the difficulty you've faced when trying to claim the free TV.

Can you please confirm what has been advised when speaking to our team and Exertis on this matter?

Do you have any documentation of the gift being included within your Virgin Media sale?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Clandm
On our wavelength

Hi

We have been given an order reference number and a case number. We have called Exertis and they say they have no record of either.

We have were told a VM manager was going to call us back but they haven't.

The VM staff seem to have no way to communicate with Exertis to resolve the issue. Everytime we are told they'll send Exertis a message and we'll get something through within 72 hours but we never do. I cannot tell you how frustrating this has been.

Thanks for coming back to me @Clandm, do you have any confirmation of the TV being included in your paper work from Virgin Media, and can you confirm how you signed up for the services with Virgin Media?

Were the services installed in July, or was this simply when the order was placed?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Clandm
On our wavelength

Hi David

It is detailed on our account that our offer included the free TV - this has been confirmed with your call center on several occasions and they have said that they sent an order to Exertis. I have 2 reference numbers.

The order was placed in June and the services installed at the beginning of July.

Thanks

Mike

Thanks for coming back to me @Clandm, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Clandm
On our wavelength

Hi 
I can confirm that our TV finally arrived on Friday!!!

This is great news, but we are still extremely unhappy at how much effort is has taken to get it, and that had we not spent hours of our time chasing it, we would definitely have never received it.

I wonder how many customers could not be bothered to put in all of the effort that we have, and will never received their free TV

Virgin Media need to take a serious look at how they manage promotional offers, as their current system seems VERY poor.

We have lodged a complaint, and hope to receive some compensation for our wasted time.

Good luck to anyone else in the same position as us - keep banging your head against the wall, and you might just get their in the end!