cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to contact UK Retentions Team?

Cresta
Joining in

My contract for TV, Phone and Broadband is expiring soon and there is no 'thinking of leaving us' anymore (used to be Option 1,1,4,4 - now there is no Option 4) when calling 150, 0345 454 1111.

How am I supposed to renew or cancel contract via telephone now?

Thanks

[MOD EDIT: Removed old contact number that is no longer used]

22 REPLIES 22

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

not followed the prompts for a while but thinking of leaving was there the last time i tried - that said its not guaranteed to get you to a UK agent - thats pot luck - ways that usually works is if you get offshore then say you want to give 30 days notice - they will huff and puff and offer you the best of their deals but they dont have the flexibility of the UK so just go with them and get them to transfer you - that should then get you to where you want to be - once you have a UK agent just change to what you want to talk about

you can gamble if you want and give 30 days notice - thats likely to  get you a call from outbound retentions to make you an offer they hope you wont refuse - not guaranteed and its one off offer [usually] take it or leave it

[MOD EDIT: Removed old contact number that is no longer used]

Tony.
Sacked VIP

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Cresta 

I've just dialled 150 from VM mobile (it should be the same from a VM landline)

I can confirm that the options 1,1,4 and 4 are still correct

The IVR said press 1 if this call is for VM TV/broadband/homephone  (2 for mobile)

Then press 1 if  the 'spoken postcode' is correct

Ignore the message informing you that VM have sent a text for online help, then listen to the 4 numbered options and press 4 for changes to your package or to tell us your moving

Then press 4 for thinking about leaving

As per @-tony-   there is no guarantee that you will get through to the UK as the IVR transfers the call to first available agent in that department.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @Cresta

Welcome to the community!
Sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us. Our contacts number and options are still the same and as @newapollo and @-tony- have advised, we have both off shore and UK call centres and there is no direct number to any specific call centre. 

You can use any of the contact methods here to discuss your package. You can also check out your online account for offers and upgrade options. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks for the advice, but desite 3 phone calls (none of which got me through to retentions, this option definately does NOT exist via landline) for a new contract to be issued I have now reached the end of my tether.

I have been issued two different 'Service change receipts', neither of which are actual contracts or charging the correct amount which was promised (they are now in fact far MORE than if I had let the contract lapse!?).

Can a CS Rep PLEASE contact me via email to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Hi Cresta, 

Sorry we are unable to assist with this on the Forums

Any billing, package changes etc are not something we can arrange from here 

It really is best to keep trying on the contact methods you have used before 

Gareth_L

mkaminski100
Joining in

It doesn't look like you can connect to the retention team. Once again I have spoken to a person that told me a standard package deal and it was a "take it or leave it" deal, so I'm leaving after 15 years (since NTL times). 

Literally, two weeks ago prices were almost half of what they are now and asking £56 for a 350mbps, so more than a 60% hike in price after a price rise in April!

tried over a dozen times to get thru..soon as it rings after i give my password either someone speaks then hangs up or it disconnects..what a joke!

amazing how you have to jump thru hoops juggling 3 dolphins to leave yet can sign up online in minutes.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mkaminski100 

You should try again - the best route is to call 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1,4 and 4 (thinking of leaving) but it's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

This should put you through to Retentions (thinking of leaving) however your call may be picked up first by a front line agent. If this happens be firm and say you want transferring to Retentions. 

Retentions are generally based in the UK and do far more than cancellations. They have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents should you wish to negotiate a new deal rather than just cancel. 

Before you do speak to them do a little of homework. See what prices other providers offer, and have those figures handy to use as a negotiating weapon.

Also check out the current VM prices and what's available on the following page <<< Here >>> 

The lower price is the new customer price which you won't qualify for, the higher price is the out of contract price. By negotiating you should get something in between, if you do call then you can have a price point in mind to barter with. 

Just for info, VM's  actual prices can vary on a day to day basis, and agent to agent basis.  Agents are given  a set amount of allowances to offer at varying price points.

If they have used up their quota of lowest prices for the day or week, then they couldn't offer say the Ultimate Volt bundle for £100, but if the next agent hadn't reached their quota then they would be able to offer that price point.  It's also possible that one of the retention teams may be "trialling" a price point not available to other teams.

If you are happy with the price quoted then accept it as it may not be available again.  You have a 14 day distance selling window should you change your mind and wish to reject that offer and go back to your original pricing and package. However if you aren't happy with the initial discounted price offered then either place your cancellation request or phone again later.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Option 4 is only for "changing an existing package" there is no mention of "thinking of leaving us" anymore I've just dialed it from my virgin land line.