cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel

Robertsonioc
Joining in

I’m having fun after my out of contract monthly cost is due to double. No answer via the call centre which sends me to SMS which sends me to What’s App. The Whats App Team attempt to sell me mobile services and then go home before contacting my again the next morning whilst asking the same questions they asked last time. They send me someone else’s mobile contract offer (I want to only talk about broadband) including their name and number! I’ve given up and just emailed the U.K. and Europe Customer service people via emails (thanks to bounce backs from dead emails) that I know work.

Thing is all of this could have been avoided by cancelling my service or making an offer that didn’t involve a mobile contract I don’t want. They even emailed an offer for 1gig broadband but don’t want to discuss it and as I’ve never talked about it have not idea which team it came from and no mechanism to accept it even if I wanted.

Truly shambolic.

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Truly shambolic" is a fair and accurate summary of VM offshore "customer services".

Do let the DPO team know of the serious and entirely illegal data breach at

dpo@virginmedia.co.uk

You could also raise a formal internal complaint 

Keenzo
Up to speed

from your home phone dial 150, options 1,1,1,4,4 for thinking of leaving us.

Do this before 9am and you should get straight through to someone who will help and get you sorted easily

I’ve flagged this to Mark Gait who has replied in person at the weekend which is impressive - I also flagged the data breach. It’s all so unnecessary as I should be a profitable customer as they could just roll me over but every time a contract ends they try and rip me off and when I want to cancel they either don’t handle my request at all or handle it badly and end up offering me a deal (which isn’t why I contact them as BT have already offered a munch better deal). I expect an increase but not a doubling to way more than a new customer would be charged. I also expect my call to be answered and the WhatsApp people to have half a clue and not flog me a mobile service I’ve not asked about and which is far worse than my existing deal anyway. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Robertsonioc, thanks for your posts and for joining our help forums.
A warm welcome to our community.

We're sorry to see you've had issues with your package price change and getting through to us for cancelling your services.
We'd hate to see you go, however as it is your right when a deal comes to an end you may either change or cancel it if not happy with our offers available to you.

As you've already contacted our staff and this is being looked into, please keep as posted as to how things go from here.

We do not support package changes or disconnections over the forum however we can advise on how to do this.

Our call teams can also look into this for you and advise on the best/cheapest deal (e.g. Volt bundles include an O2 mobile SIM but has huge discounts and may end up being less expensive to you as a loyal customer).

Any more questions or concerns you may have, feel free to ask.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Mr_K
Well-informed

Getting to be a common theme on here....