cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel if you can't speak to anyone at Virgin???

GaryK2671
Tuning in

I've been with VM for 2 or 3 years (maybe even longer) and have the ultimate package. Out of contract and currently paying more than £150pm which will go up to more than £170 with the increase!

Package includes

• TV with all channels (including Sky Sports & Cinema)
  • 1 x multiroom additional box
  • M500 fibre
  • Landline
  • Virgin SIM with unlimited data (never used it)

Been thinking about downgrading / cancelling for a while and the price increase letter was the last straw. I tried the contact us chat where the bot advised that I'd be in for quite a wait, so selected the option to move the chat to Whatsapp at around 17:40. Nearly 6 hours....SIX HOURS later, no response. How the hell am I, as a paying customer, supposed to be able to discuss my account / cancel?

I guess that Virgin customer services have been inundated with unhappy customers.

2 REPLIES 2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GaryK2671,

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you've had to wait a little while when trying to contact us via Whats App. It is a popular method of contact and can take a while to get a reply. Replies via Whats App aren't instant but you can treat it like text messaging where you continue to get on with your day and once an agent responds, you should get a notification. 

If you would prefer a quicker method, you're better off calling the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. They will be able to go through a package review with you. If you're still unhappy, they can then arrange the disconnection. 

Keep us posted on how things go and if you need anything else, pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

unisoft
Well-informed

@GaryK2671 wrote:

I've been with VM for 2 or 3 years (maybe even longer) and have the ultimate package. Out of contract and currently paying more than £150pm which will go up to more than £170 with the increase!

Package includes

• TV with all channels (including Sky Sports & Cinema)
  • 1 x multiroom additional box
  • M500 fibre
  • Landline
  • Virgin SIM with unlimited data (never used it)

Been thinking about downgrading / cancelling for a while and the price increase letter was the last straw. I tried the contact us chat where the bot advised that I'd be in for quite a wait, so selected the option to move the chat to Whatsapp at around 17:40. Nearly 6 hours....SIX HOURS later, no response. How the hell am I, as a paying customer, supposed to be able to discuss my account / cancel?

I guess that Virgin customer services have been inundated with unhappy customers.

Crikey, £150 was bad enough but £170!

That's a chunk of a mortgage each month just for tv/bb!!!

No wonder people struggling with cost of food and other stuff. You haven't even got GIG1 in that price either.

If you had a VM stream box with cinema and sports and BB - it would be so much cheaper but you'd lose additional box and not all the channels are on it (like music and +1 channels). Recording isn't yet available either but catch up players are there. You are also not fixed into the 18 month term for premium channels like sports and movies - and you only have to do 30 days notice (which you can do when you take it out, cancel it 10 mins after). So you may decide some months you want sports and others you dont for example. They are in HD too.