cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel contract when it finishes

bhaskarsamani
Dialled in

my contract ends in November 2023, if i want to cancel at the end, in November, how do i do that? how many dates notice do i have to give?  

18 REPLIES 18

i am not going to cancel until 30 days before my contract ends in November

i have no loyalty with virgin media, they happen to have the best broadband speed in my area until cityfibre is ready 

i did get £4.50 off my bill for 12 months, no new contract 

@bhaskarsamani wrote:

i am not going to cancel until 30 days before my contract ends in November

i have no loyalty with virgin media, they happen to have the best broadband speed in my area until cityfibre is ready 

i did get £4.50 off my bill for 12 months, no new contract 

I would double check that - you should get some form of notification through. Not sure if they will publish it in My Virgin Media under the View Contract part of it where they record updates and changes to services. It's been known to "say" you won't be in a new contract then people find a while later they were, so just saying 🙂

i did click view contract, it says "updates 21 feb 2023" 

in that document, it says your contract started 26 may 2022, plus 18 months from that date is November 2023

30 days before that date in November 2023, i will cancel 

so it is not a new contract as it still shows the date i started my old contract

£35.40 from Sunday 26th November 2023

Sunday 26th November 2023 is when my contract ends 

forgot to say its called

Service Change Receipt 

If it was a new contract, it comes with a 14 days colling off period, I would of left and never return to virgin media even if the competition had a slower speed 

We'll be sorry to see you go @bhaskarsamani and if there's anything we can do to change your mind when your contract is up for renewal, let us know.

All the best!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

in November when my contract ends, you will have some competition from cityfibre, there not ready now but most likely will be in November as there doing the work on my street now, depends if from 30 days before my contract ends in November, if virgin media can offer a competitive price  

Hi @bhaskarsamani,

If you're considering leaving then please speak with our retentions team on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) and they can discuss offers and options with you.

If they don't have a deal to offer that you're interested in and you still wish to proceed with cancellation, they can then begin the 30 day cancellation process.

Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

hi zach

i will do that 30 days before my contract ends in November