cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel contract when it finishes

bhaskarsamani
Dialled in

my contract ends in November 2023, if i want to cancel at the end, in November, how do i do that? how many dates notice do i have to give?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @bhaskarsamani thanks for your reply.

Sorry to hear this is the case but yes, please make sure you contact us 30 days (or slightly more, 30 days is the minimum) before your contract ends so you can give your notice period.

If you called us, 40 days before this for example, we could still process the notice period for you so your services end in 40 days time when your contract does.

I hope this helps!

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions 

At least 30days notice is required to terminate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

my contract ends 25th November 2023, 30 days before that would be Thursday, 26 October 2023

on Thursday, 26 October 2023, i can call to cancel? 

Evening bhaskarsamani,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're wanting to leave us.

As japitts has advised we require at least 30 days notice. You can call 30 days prior to your contract ending to give notice 🙂

Alex_Rm

i want to leave then because i think cityfibre will be ready, missed out on getting 900mb for £25 because cityfibre wwas not ready on my street 

Hi @bhaskarsamani thanks for your reply.

Sorry to hear this is the case but yes, please make sure you contact us 30 days (or slightly more, 30 days is the minimum) before your contract ends so you can give your notice period.

If you called us, 40 days before this for example, we could still process the notice period for you so your services end in 40 days time when your contract does.

I hope this helps!

Many thanks

Tom_W

thank you for the answer tom 

You're welcome bhaskarsamani, you can give the team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 this will get you through to the contracts team who will be able to arrange this further for you nearer the time.

Rob

i thought the option to cancel was option 5? 

unisoft
Well-informed

Have an insurance backup plan to be covered knowing you gave notice legally.

It's easy by letter by recorded delivery and put your account number and name etc in the letter. make sure it gets to them before the date on your price increase and notification of change of T&Cs email/letter. State you are using the Ofcom clause to exit penalty free and refer to the statement about leaving in the email/letter sent by VM. Not a formal letter like a job application so don't worry.

See

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving

Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA

If they don't answer or disconnect you, the letter is legal evidence as it's sent recorded to their address they state.