Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How to cancel contract when I can get through on the phone

Any idea how I can cancel my account if I can’t get through on the phone? I was on hold for 45 mins and then it just got cut off. Not happy but I haven’t got time to call again. I also need to sort this out very soon as I need to give my 30 days notice before the price goes up. Feels unfair for me to pay more when I physically can’t get through to speak to someone to sort this out. Virgin don’t make it easy to be able to email either. Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to cancel contract when I can get through on the phone

I’m in the same boat I’ve been trying for the last 5 days twice a day for 55 mins each time and Virginia cut me off and my bill goes up from £92 to watt think is. A mad £142 a month I can’t get thru to virgin at all! wat I’m I to do I need to get thru to them asap to talk about my contract I need internet, I use it for home life but more importantly work and now even more so, it seems they have got me by the short and curlies if anyone from virgin is reading this it need to be sorted I totally understand the situation but I’m trying twice a day, I have tv,internet, land line and 3 mobile devices with you I’m spending a lot with you please please trying and help!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Suggest you try the text messaging service in the current crisis:

The cable number is 07533 051809

Mobile is 07533 016422

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ah that’s great. Didn’t realise there was a text service. I’ll give that a try and see what happens. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So tried the text service on Friday. Had a few standard bot replies. Once it got to the point where a human needs to get involved it's gone silent and not heard back since. Guess i'm going to have to sit on hold for an hour. Just hope they honour the 30 day notice period as i'm now under 30 days but not much I can do about it really.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Has anyone been able to get through to Virgin yet? I tried all possible ways I could think of with no result - been calling them since Friday but no luck getting through on the phone despite waiting for hours, live chat and text messaging services don't seem to be working. Today is my last day to give them notice before my contract renews and I really want to get out of this deal... do you know if they have any email addresses I could send them my termination notice to? any suggestions would be extremely appreciated. 

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello, I've exact same problem. I refuse to pay 70 pounds for package is worth 46 for new customer.

Now I don't know whether I should cancel my direct debit contract via banking and wait for VM to reply (somehow)? Or pay and pray to get refund the difference when pandemic is end.

First option is a bit tricky, I don't want to have my broadband cut off.... but It might be necessary as I can't get through customer service via phone.

I'll try to get to VM via text provided by @Graham_A

0 Kudos