Menu
r99
Tuning in
Message 81 of 93
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to cancel Virgin Media contract?

My current contract has expired. I want to cancel my TV package but keep telephone and broadband.. There is no option on the website to do this, only to upgrade it! The cancellation facility offered is unfit for purpose. It is solely through a telephone number and it is impossible to talk to anybody - I have called and waited over an hour on several occasions. There is no other way Virgin will engage with customers regarding contract alterations. In addition the Virgin account information only sets out the total monthly cost and does not split it into the different elements of broadband, TV and landline making it impossible to identify individual costs.
I am paying for a service which I do not want and do not have the facility to cancel. Virgin is in breach of contract by not providing this facility. I am extremely anxious about the situation and totally frustrated about having to wait on the phone for hours without any response. This thread has been going for years without any attempt by Virgin to address the problem and to provide a fit for purpose facility for implementing contract conditions regarding change and cancellation. Why not provide a simple email / on line facility for doing this.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 82 of 93
Flag for a moderator

Hi R99, 

I'm really sorry to hear you're wanting to leave us, we'd be sad to see you go. 

I can appreciate your frustration at speaking to the team and it will be fed back. 

We'd always prefer to speak to you when you're looking to cancel, this allows us to see if there's a better deal you might like or feed back why you're looking to leave. 

Sometimes our team do get a little busier in the evenings so it might be best to try us during the day, this can be done on 150/0345 454 1111. You can also check out our other contact methods here

Let us know how you get on. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
stourbridge_lad
Tuning in
Message 83 of 93
Flag for a moderator

Ok so Ive just tried to cancel via telephone twice. Each time I get put on hold and forgotten. 

THIS IS APPALLING FOR A COMPANY TO TREAT ITS CUSTOMERS THIS WAY

I have just had another increase on my bill and I'm not accepting it. £34.80 just for broadband isnt on.  Ive been a loyal customer for 20 years but this it the last straw, especially when I can get talktalk for £22.  I was happy for your operator to see if they could get near to the £22 but again, I just get tossed into hold and forgot about. 

So now I don't care, I'm that furious that I want to know how one is supposed to cancel a service when the only way seems to be blocked.

Does anyone one here know an official address for virgin whereby I can simply send a recorded delivery letter and give 30 days notice that way.

If anyone from virgin wants to call me and accept my cancellation over the phone, you have my number, my account number is [MOD EDIT: Personal info removed]

What an absolute disgrace.

Mike

r99
Tuning in
Message 84 of 93
Flag for a moderator

Postings on this topic go back to at least February 2017 and customers are still only getting platitudes.  When are you going to provide an effective fit for purpose cancellation facility as required in your contract?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 85 of 93
Flag for a moderator

Hi @stourbridge_lad, @r99

We're sorry to hear that you've been unable to speak to our Retentions Team to query offers and cancellation and understand the frustration caused.

If you do not wish to see what offers are available and don't wish to call us, you can write to us to cancel your contract.

Please see "N" in our Terms & Conditions for more information.

Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
stourbridge_lad
Tuning in
Message 86 of 93
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response, I shall be putting my cancellation in writing.  

Ironically I would have stayed if you had at least met me half way but your utter contempt for you customers just makes me want to leave.

As they other poster commented, this thread goes back a couple of years, clearly this is the way you are happy to treat people.

MARTYMAC58
Joining in
Message 87 of 93
Flag for a moderator

After navigating through the phone menu to the  section on wanting to leave I spent over 40 mins on the line only to be told the dept that would look after this closed at 8pm.(I dialled the number at 8. 03 pm)

First Gripe is why does the pre configured set of phone selections allow you to select this option after the dept handling it is closed !!!

Secondly I asked the person who eventually took my call was it still possible to give written notification of cancellation, he said no on multiple occasions even though I have seen it mentioned on here on more than one occasion and it says in section  "N" of the contract that it is possible to write to Virigin Media Sales operation support , Diamond Plaza , Daleside Road Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG2 3GG

At best the phone handler was unaware of this which is a training issue but I have my doubts...

stourbridge_lad
Tuning in
Message 88 of 93
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE:

Put my cancellation in writing, received another bill for another month - Ive cancelled the direct debit. Did give them a call to explain, they stated there was no evidence of me cancelling in writing (I sent it recorded delivery and it was received), They said that I could only cancel by phone and offered to put me though to the very busy cancellation team. I asked if someone could call me back - No we dont do that, after being put on hold for ten minutes I hung up.

Looks like Im going to go to court with this one. Imagine having a company that doesnt let your customers leave. I will never return to virgin media again in the future.
stourbridge_lad
Tuning in
Message 89 of 93
Flag for a moderator

Oh and by the way Virgin, I too record my phone calls on a little app called Cuba ACR so bring it on.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 90 of 93
Flag for a moderator

Hi there stourbridge_lad, 

Thanks for posting back to our wall - sorry to understand that there have been some issues with getting your disconnection booked on your account.  

This should be a very simple process so it's upsetting to understand that this has not been the case.  You can indeed book your 30 days disconnection via writing - the address for this can be located on our T&C that we posted earlier. Once this has been received, it will be sent to the correct department to action and the 30 days notice will be taken from the date we receive the letter. 

If you do record your calls to us, please advise the agent as soon as you speak with someone so they can agree to be recording by you.

What I have done is pop you a Private Message so we can check your account and advise you further - please do look out for the purple envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

We truly want to help you - hope to hear back from you soon. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide