Menu
LucilleJ
Tuning in
Message 51 of 93
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to cancel Virgin Media contract?

I ended up putting it in writing and sending by signed for delivery.  The address is

Virgin Media

Unit 5 Nimbus Park

Porz Avenue

Houghton Regis

Dunstable

LU5 5FR

You have to give 30 days notice as per the Virgin contract as long as you are out of your contract term.  If you are still in the contract term you will need to pay out the contract term plus give the 30 days notice.  I am cancelling my direct debit at the end of the 30 days notice and put this in my letter to them.

LucilleJ
Tuning in
Message 52 of 93
Flag for a moderator

This is what I put in my letter and I put the reference number of my contract for them to link it to me in case its not obvious from my address LOL:

Please take this as my 30 day notice to cancel my full virgin services with you including television, internet and phone. I have now moved overseas and the house is being sold.

I trust everything will continue to work until 04 February 2018. The direct debit will be cancelled after that date.   Please refund any overpayments taken to the same account as the direct debit is being taken from.

LucilleJ
Tuning in
Message 53 of 93
Flag for a moderator

Cancel in writing send signed for delivery only costs £1.75 see clause M of the contract: http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services.html#e...

It has the address in there.  I have also posted it separately in a further thread.

brinksman007
Joining in
Message 54 of 93
Flag for a moderator

Hi, been a loyal customer of Virgin for years, but waited until my latest contract (20th may) was over, and phoned to tell them to cancel the contract. Too expensive, etc. I got through using my password, the same password i've used for years. Using the password, I was initially sent different 'advisers'. The last adviser asked me for my password, which I gave. He then informed me that this was not the password, even though I got in contact using the password! He was very abrupt and refused to explain why he wouldn't terminate the contract, despite the fact it was legally up! He then claimed he (Virgin) would send me a new password in the post! Over a week has gone, and no letter from Virgin, surprise surprise. I wrote a letter to their headquarters at the same time expressing my dismay at this turn of events, and shocked by how I have been treated. I am now paying for a contract I no longer want! Help me please, someone. Thank you. 

Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 55 of 93
Flag for a moderator

Hi brinksman007

I am sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving us and that you have had issues in contacting and speaking to our teams.

I hope you have since got this resolved with us but if not then can you please pop back to the PM I have sent to you that you can find on the top right hand side we can look at supporting further. 

Kind regards

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
chatz
On our wavelength
Message 56 of 93
Flag for a moderator

We had the same problem with passwords. Virgin updated the system to include numbers.

They, as usual, don't tell it's customers, the usual kept in the dark...................

Llewopg
Settling in
Message 57 of 93
Flag for a moderator

I've never had such a poor experience in trying to simply cancel my virgin media broadband.

I have been passed about for hours now trying to simply request to leave, but apparently not knowing my password means i cannot access my account.  They did try security protection questions but the email i log into online is different to the one the contract was sent to.  I confirmed both but because i "mentioned" the account email first they could not accept my security answer and hung up.  But not before he told me i was rude?! for pointing out rather candidly i wasnt mistaken in what i said.

Then i finally got through to someone again to cancel and they wanted my moving too address, presumably so they could try to convert me at my new property.  However i am moving to a temp address in Spain so dont have one.  Again they stopped talking to me and just transferred me to another operator which has me on hold for an hour!

I have now been calling for nearly two hours and nothing.  All i want to do is cancel my contract!!! ive had it over 13 months so I'm out of my 12 month obligation, just let me leave!!! please!!!

Oh and just so you know Virgin the most frustrating thing out of all this is everytime i call the main line it asks to enter 1 or 2.  1 being all services and 2 being mobile.  So naturally for broadband i pressed 1, but it then asks for my bloody mobile number from virgin!!! this extends the queue waiting ive worked out by about 2 minutes EVERYTIME.   Honestly, god awful experience and nonsensitcal use of telephone bot techology. clearly designed by a high up exec that knows if they make people wait the cancellations will be naturally lower with no care in world to experience of its customer base.

Not the telewest or NTL experience of old, but corporate virgin bollocks.

Ross2k3
Settling in
Message 58 of 93
Flag for a moderator

I am also trying to cancel my account.  After waiting 15 minutes I got through to ome complete half wit who laughed at me and told me to call tomorrow morning at 8:30 when they wont be as busy.  I insisted that i wanted to cancel then I was told to be prepared for a long wait. 

Every time i have needed to call vigin im met with nothing but difficulty.  no other way to cancel other than to call up and wait ages to speak to a human.

This enforces my decision to move providor and highly doubt I will ever return to this crap!

PS Im still on hold !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 59 of 93
Flag for a moderator

Hi Llewopg, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience when trying to cancel. 

The team request a forwarding address to ensure you receive your final bill and that should there be a refund due to you, a cheque refund is sent to the correct address. 

The teams have been a little busier than usual lately too however they are working as hard as they can to get to you. 
If you've not already given in your 30 days notice, give them another call so they can get this done for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
hilaryj93
Tuning in
Message 60 of 93
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I am in the middle of cancelling my virgin broadband

got nowhere with phone so wrote the address in Bristol

with details etc

just got a reply stating that they want to charge 88.40 fee

for early termination !!!

have written back saying the email they sent regarding price increase

clearly states I can cancel without paying any fees

what a bunch of weasels