Menu
kts64
Joining in
Message 31 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to cancel Virgin Media contract?

paid my bill on 8th August, & signed with sky on 10th Aug, got a call on 14th from Virgin for me to stay, I had to argue with the girl says I will leave then they slap on cancellation fee of £66 & 30 day leaving, I just got a bill dated 16th Aug for another full bill £58, now if I paid bill on 8th Aug, I should only be charged from 9th August till sky install there installtion on 21st August im not using Virgin after 21st August so why am I billed up until 8th Sept when I dont have virginmedia after 21st Aug, 30 days or not you should only be billed for what your using
Virgin is con artists, they hound you to stsy when you dont want too & when.you do leave they charge you for a service your not using, if thats the case I want a full eastimated bill for cancelltion fee & also bill of when I cancelled I want a paper bill of both im getting charged for, but Virgin I would go with them again, over charged, & it you drop a tv sz your auto signed intlto another contract, heard of new contract when u go up a package but removing a tv sz as there bills was too much for my disablity disgusting, then get a email to say Virgin is putting bills up to 3.49 in November, Virgin is money grabbers & you shouldnt be hounded to stay with them they should let you go, its non of there bisness why your leaving Virgin is worse than coldcallers
0 Kudos
kts64
Joining in
Message 32 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Im paying my early cancellation fee £66 just to leave Virgin bunch of hounds but cos its a 30 days cancellatiin ive just paid my bill on 8th August, digned with sky on 10th, Virgin called to hound me not to leave & now ive been emailed another monthly bill of £58 until 8th Sept, now how can they charge me from 21st Aug when im with sky Then & not using there Virgin service I should only be charged from 9th Aug til 21st not 8th Sept
You should only pay what u use,
0 Kudos
cazndan
Joining in
Message 33 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Me too hun, Ive been with Virgin 18 years, I felt conned into a new monthly sim deal which is costing me a fortune, data cost being added daily without the sim in the fone!!! Services have really dropped since R. Branson sold this part of his empire

0 Kudos
cazndan
Joining in
Message 34 of 55
Flag for a moderator

yes highway robbery- even Dick Turpin wore a mask....

0 Kudos
0-
Dialled in
Message 35 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Been with cable since 1996. Had enough, found my cancellation date was Sept 2nd so called on Aug 3rd to give 30 days notice. 

On Sept 7th a new bill was generated, they took payment to Sep 23rd !! When I questioned this I was told it was 'the system'. They didn't know if I would actually disconnect on the date given so carried on billing as normal. That's 21 days more than I had budgeted for and leaves me out of pocket. I've paid for my new ISP connecting etc. 

After disconnection I called again, to be told they will issue a cheque (who uses cheques any more?) 35 days after my final bill is calculated. I just saw that yesterday. and they don't make it easy to look at bills once you leave...

They've made a right old mess of working it out, refunding more than I paid. OK< so most people would just blame 'the system' and take it, when it eventually comes. I had a complaint lodged with Tom Mockridge's office so have asked them to look again. 

Not only is Dick Turpin in charge of accounts but he has Roy Rogers working the figures out :-O  

============
EE Fibre Broadband
0 Kudos
Jsdav
Just joined
Message 36 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Followed ur instructions and cancelled my broadband took 10 mins altogether. Very useful and accurate advice
0 Kudos
eileenallison
Dialled in
Message 37 of 55
Flag for a moderator

cancel diect debit, and tell bank not to pay out to vm, then go with sky they have sme good offers on, which include line rental, soon as i'm sorted i'm leaving virgin, had nothing but bother with them, left me overdrawn 3 times by getting my bill wrong, and the call centre people aint got a clue, passing you from pillar to post, if it aint on the script it aint getting sorted simples......

0 Kudos
Pompeyand
Just joined
Message 38 of 55
Flag for a moderator

What instructions did you follow?
0 Kudos
seamus1958
Tuning in
Message 39 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Just tried to cancel mine.
Was asked what sort of use do I get from my current package and then asked to wait while they could see if they could reduce the price.
Waited and waited...then got cut off.

0 Kudos
0-
Dialled in
Message 40 of 55
Flag for a moderator

seamus1958 wrote:

Just tried to cancel mine.
Was asked what sort of use do I get from my current package and then asked to wait while they could see if they could reduce the price.
Waited and waited...then got cut off.

And the irony is - they are a communications company :-D 

============
EE Fibre Broadband
0 Kudos